Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Table for multiple conn

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Iam using BO IDT 4.1, In my Multisource Universe, i created derived table for individual instance(IDT Connections one for delhi, another for mumbai). For both the connection the underlying datbase is same which is mssql.

What i did:

Created derived Table for Delhi and Mumbai separately as isolated table using same query for both.

What i do wanted is:

I am trying to create only one derived table with both the instance connection using same query. The reason isto minimize the derived tables.

Appreciate your help on this with some screenshots.

Thanks,

Dinya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the SQL of your derived tables and highlight the difference.

only different in two derived tables are in the where clause only?

is there any difference in the select part.Like number of columns mismatch

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Derived sql:

SELECT year(Cust.FiscalMonth) AS Year,month(Cust.FiscalMonth) AS Month, Cust.FiscalMonth, ProjHistory.tot1, Cust.C_Total, Cust.CustomerOrderNo, tableEntities.HFMCode, tableInstances.Code AS CodeCode,Cust.BKDate, Cust.OrderType, ProjDataSources.DataSourceName FROM (((Cust INNER JOIN ProjHistory ON (Cust.OrdNo = ProjHistory.OrdNo) AND (Cust.Instance = ProjHistory.Instance))) ) INNER JOIN tableJobs ON Cust.Ord = tableJobs.Ord INNER JOIN tableInstances on (Cust.Instance = tableInstances.Instance) INNER JOIN tableEntities on (tableEntities.Code = tableInstances.Code) INNER JOIN ProjDataSources on (ProjDataSources.Code = tableInstances.Code);

Same above sql for both Delhi and Mumbai connection.

Difference is:

1) Separate Connection  for Delhi and Mumbai using the same MSSQL DB.

2) In Universe, One derived Table for Delhi using the above sql and another derived table for Mumbai Conn using the above sql.

Thanks,

Dinya.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using same SQL then how are you differentiating the data for mumbai & delhi?

Amit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be you can go for one derived table. at webi report level or at universe class level can add the filter which can differentiate the data.

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is based on individual database connection.

Thanks,

Dinya

Answers (0)