cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Budget from PPM to PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

If we transfer Budget from PPM Financial Planing to PS Project, does it transfer to PS Project Definition only and not to lower WBS?

Also, if we do subsequent new budget transfers from same Item to corresponding PS Project, how is it received - budget update/supplement/etc.?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes to your first question - it will transfer to the PS Definition only

I will check on your second question and revert. I suspect it simply updates the budget and that it does not record this as a supplement for example.

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Can I transfer Detailed Resource Planning costs(from Project Mgmt) to Financial Planning on Item and store them on Budget View. And then transfer that to PS Project Definition as Budget value?

Essentially trying to build budget costs in PPM and them push it to PS project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you can. You need to ensure that the configuration is done under Base System Interfaces -> Financial Planning Settings -> Define Financial Planning Settings. Ensure that mapping exist between Financial Views and corresponding cProject Rates/Functions

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it okay to use Sub-Task instead Task for Costing in PPM project.

Any limitations/complications for data transfer(financial and capacity) to PS, PPM and also CATS time back to PPM?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to ensure that '/RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT' should be called  to update the planning data transferred from ERP system to Financial and Capacity Planning of the Items in RPM system

Ger