cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager and CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my company we are analyzing the possibility to start use SAP Solution Manager for projects the we develop in our SAP environment. The initial idea is to start to use Solution Manager at least for what concerns Project Management (roadmap).

Reading the user guide, it is stated that, before to start the "Configuration" of each project, there is the need to "Activate CTS Functionality", to let Solution Manager to manage all transport requests related to the project.

A question that I have is: once the CTS functionality has been activated, which transport requests will later on be managed by/through Solution Manager?

A) the transport requests related to the involved project only;

B) the transport requests related to the component system(s) defined for to the project;

C) all the transport requests in all the components of the Landscape the project belongs to;

Does maybe the answer depends on some specific settage to do during project configuration?

Another question, linked to the previous, is:

suppose that (after that the CTS functionality has been activated, but before that the project has been completed), there is an urgent change to implement in the same component(s) used by the project:

In this case, is it mandatory to implement the Change Request Management of Solution Manager, or is it still possible to execute manually the transports between the systems?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Regards,

Alfio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Alfino,

now 9 month later you may have made many experiences concerning Solution Manager and CTS.

In our company we're also starting to analyze Solution Manager, too.

Can you provide me some information about thi topic. Or do you know any specific help page where detailed descriptions of the steps that need to be performed are, to integrate CTS into Solution Manager?

Thanks in advance and best Regards