cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent free of charge delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i create a subsequent free of charge with reference to return order, the item is not getting copied into subsequent free of charge order because of the copying requirement 304 in T-code VTAA, is it  standard behavior of SAP why should i be  assigning a reason for rejection.

I am assigning order reason too.Why for reason for rejection. 304  copying requirement allow only item with a reason for rejection.

2 ) If the accounting document is not cleared at FI level, how to handle the return process

3) why there is pricing for return order. Not SAP level, kindly give the business logic behind it

looking forward to your response.

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fazal,

If you check SDF sales doc control in vov8 and check in General Control you will see an Option called "Reference Mandatory" Which is Marked as C (with reference to Sales Order) Which means if you try to Create SDF with reference to Sale order  then items will be copied automatically in line Items.So copy control 304 in VTAA is set respectively.

Whereas you are trying to Create SDF wrt Return Order  so you'll have set your copy control requirement as 303 which will work for both cases either with reference to sales order or Return Order.

Just try it with both scenarios by maintaining requirement as 303 you'll see your items will be copied.

For your other questions.

1. Retrun process will run either way because customer is sending the goods back and you can't wait for him to settle the payments for faulty goods first and then run the Return process, secondly its FI process how they manage with this case.

2. Pricing in return order will be there to maintain Ledger accounts. because goods are again being sent so reducing out of actually stock of MM and faulty goods are coming back but being main in faulty stock. Later on Its FI job how they adjust the payments and balance against new goods issued. So pricing will hit to keep company's internet process transparent. Otherwise goods could have been issued as Sample sale or Free goods too.

Dear SCN Members please advice if my answer requires any further correction.

Thanks

Zishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zishan,

I have checked the standard configuration OR --> SD, copying requirement is 303,

RE --> SD, Copying requirement is 304. Why in standard it has been set like this. Correct me if i am wrong.

I can change the setting to 303 and run the process but i need to understand standard functionality.

We need to create Subsequent free of charge with reference to order and reference is mandatory in vov8 for OR not for RE.

Regarding pricing point, when i am not creating a credit memo for return then how it would be useful. Does pricing in return order affect ledger account?

Regards

Fazal