cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enrolment issue for Android devices - Afaria 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed and configured the android device enrolment policy in Afaria 7 SP7, but I am not able to enrol the device to MDM.

I have logged into SSP and  downloaded the enrolment file and copied the same to mobile device and launched the Afria client. But I always get the enrolment failed message.

Can anyone please help what I am missing in my configuration here...

All the configurations for Android is done properly. Refer below.

I have tried to activate the Araia client on Android device using the activate code as per the belwo screenshot. but nothing works. can anyone plese help here.

Best Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Follow below troubleshooting:

1. Go to the Server Box where Afaria Server and Afaria Admin & API server is installed.

2. Run the Afariachecker utility and check the GCM connectivity.

3. If the GCM connectivity is successfull.

3. Go to Afaria Administrator console--> Server Tab--> Device Communication and check the Protocols and ports Configure protocols and ports to use for device communication. XNET is always used. Ensure your firewall allows bidirectional traffic for each port used. HTTP/HTTPS.

Regards,

Subash Acharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anis,

To check the GCM server connectivity, we can directly go to Afaria Admin UI -> Server -> Diagnostics->Android  to check the Connectivity test is "Passed" or "Failed" instead of the above steps which would be tedious.

Attached the screenshot for your reference.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmita,

My GCM Server Connection seems good. refer below. But still I cannot send push notifications.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Can you send me the screenshot of the Enrollment policy of Android? Edit the Android enrollment policy -> General and take the screenshot.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

You are right you.

I have seen lots of issues, in which we are able to connect through Server box to GCM. However, we fails to daignose from Afaria Administration portal.

I was also facing the same issue how krishna is facing now. Later on i found the issue with the device communication port which wasn't configured due to which GCM wasn't able to communicate during android enrollment.

Regards,

Subash Acharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Please find below the screenshot of enrolment policy.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for the screen shot.

Can you take the screenshot of Admin UI -> Server ->Configuration -> Google Services

Please update the screenshot.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I just looked into the screenshot and found that you are using the wrong Project ID.

This is to let you know that when you create a GCM Project, you get

Project ID - abcd-abcd-1234(alpha-numeric) format and Project Number - 123456789100(numeric) format

You have to consider the Project Number as the Project ID and provide it in the Afaria Admin Console.

Take this example:

So change the Project ID in the Admin console with the Project number from Google Project and save.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmita,

I have used the Project number in Google Services. Re-enrolled the device. But still cannot communicate with the device and getting the error as in the screenshot. As per the note I have already opened the ports on our firewall for the required ports.

Any other suggestions pls...

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have some difficulties to access your admin console, anyhow could you please try login to admin console -> Edit the Android device and send me the screenshot?

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

PFB the screenshot...

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

In the attached screenshot, the Phone number and SMS address fields are empty. Could you please try filling up the both fields with the mobile number along with country code?

Edit the device -> Enter the Phone number with country code on both the fields and save it. Now, try sending any outbound notification and see the result.

Do let us know if you face any difficulty in performing the step.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Thanks for your reply. But the device i am using a tab that supports only WiFi connections.

That is the reason that I cannot edit the phone number field and its the same with SMS field as well.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Well, please give me sometime while I check with the Development team and get back to you with an update.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is to let you know that the SMS notifications can be send to the device only if we have the SIM card available in the device.

Since we are trying to push the notification on the Android device with WIFI connection(no SIM Card) then the device or tablet cannot receive it.

Hope this clears all your queries.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Let me try with a device that support SIM card as well and update you.

Thanks,

Krishna.

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

SMS is an alternative communication mode when GCM is not available. If the device has a Google account registered and Afaria does not give a diagnostic error under GCM Server Connectivity, then SMS should not be an issue.

Is the test device registered with Google? For example, can it access the Play Store or gmail?

Regards,

Mike Loop - SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the device is registered with Google and can access Play Store and gmail.

But still I am facing the issue while sending a Push notification.

Thanks,

Krishna.

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be that your network is blocking incoming GCM communications. Ports 5228-5230 need to be open in order for Google's Cloud Messaging servers to reach your device. Have you tried sending a command such as Lock or Apply Policies when the device was logged into a different Wifi network, such as a home network or while tethered to a device using a SIM card?

Regards,

Mike Loop - SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Please follow the below process to enroll the Android device on your instance.

1. Create a enrollment policy in Afaria admin UI -> Policy ->Enrollment Policy ->Android

2. In Summary, enter the policy name and go to Third Party URL services to generate the TINY URL.

3. Click on "Add" button, select "Tiny URL" in URL service and you can set expiration date as well and then click on "Right mark".

4. Then, a TINY URL will be generated.
5. Go to General tab, select the GCM Project ID.

6. In Group tab, you can select the group to which the device should reside in. By default, the enrolled devices will fall into "All Devices" of no group is selected.
7. You can set up the variable of your choice.

8. Save the policy.

9. Enter the SSP URL on the device.

10. When prompted for Enrollment code, provide the TINY URL generated in the enrollment policy. You can use the same code to enroll multiple android devices to Afaria.

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Do let us know for any assistance.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Thank you very much. That certainly helped me a lot. Not I am able to enrol the device. But not able to send any push notifications from Afaria. getting the below error.

I have already tried opening the ports/changing the values in the configuration table as suggested in this  discussion https://scn.sap.com/thread/3228380

But none worked for me...Any help here...

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please make use of this KBA http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2191488.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Did you perform the steps as mentioned in the above KBA? What is the result?

Please revert.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha