cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested Delivery Date

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi OTC Friends Just I wanted to know if you have developed similar functionality anytime or any idea how we can achieve this functionality in real-time  in SD or in CRM. Requested delivery date  range : While entering sales order in VA01 or in CRM web UI, we need system to give option to select range of dates for requested delivery date. To put it simple, we want to mention more than one requested delivery date in sales order header  so that after few days, finalizing suitable carrier and delivery date, we will  keep one suitable requested delivery date and delete the rest.  Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Giving a range of dates will not work because the system will not be able to perform an availability check to find whether it can confirm the quantity for more than one delivry dates.

one option is to use 2 schedule lines for the delivery dates.

Use the first schedule line for the first date in the shipping window. Use a second schedule line for the second date in the shipping window and so on.

The added advantage of using schedule lines is that the system will indicate whether the quantity can be delivered on the requested dates or not.

Finally after deciding one date, delete the rest of the schedule lines.

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

This suggestion won't meet our requirement.

However, my interest I want to mention this to you, standard system won't allow us to enter more than one schedule line for single line item when materials are fully available.    

can you pls check this and come back ?.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rusheek,

However, my interest I want to mention this to you, standard system won't allow us to enter more than one schedule line for single line item when materials are fully available.    

Let me start by saying that I do not recommend creating multiple request schedules.  However, this is easily accomplished in VA02 in the schedule lines screen.

You are right in that the system will not PROPOSE different schedule lines in this scenario (fully available), but that behavior can easily be overwritten manually. 

Also, in the end, the ITEM still only has one and only one request date.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The next alternative is to maintain all the dates as texts in the header.

Once a single date is selected, it can be copied into the requested delivery date field

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB

Thanks for your reply, could you pls tell me with an example how we can overwrite manually when stock is fully available?. It helps me to think in this direction.

Regards 

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot , I think this is one of the work around idea to meet this requirement.

just mention if u come across any idea like this.

Regards  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rusheek,

Thanks for your reply, could you pls tell me with an example how we can overwrite manually when stock is fully available?. It helps me to think in this direction.

????  I just showed it to you, in my previous screenshot. 

Set up a test case where the stock should be fully available.  Create a sales order using your local policies.  Go into the screen I have displayed, ATP should have created one fully confirmed schedule line.  Change the existing schedule line manually.  Create additional schedule lines manually. What else can I say?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

DB, I totally agree with you! when there is no complete delivery flag or fixed qty request, we  can add as money schedule line as needed.

But any suggestion on how to achieve range of requested delivery dates or more than one requested delivery date in sales order header ?.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rusheek,

But any suggestion on how to achieve range of requested delivery dates or more than one requested delivery date in sales order header ?.

No.  Assuming you wish to pursue this.....odd....solution, I speculate it would have to be entirely custom made using enhancements.

If you read my postings here in SCN, you will see that I almost never suggest of the use of enhancements. 

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Thank you sir.............