cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Critical Path duration on activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created project on which I have created activities which showing critical path but my query is that is there any field from which I can get total duration of critical path. I have highlighted below days of critical path which I want to know how many total days critical path is calculated so does in SAP standard any filed is available how for calculating total critical path duration.

Regards,

Faizan Khalil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Hope CN49N can help you based on your critical path networks dates.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but my query is that I want to know my total critical path duration. from above example you can see that Activity 4 have 9 days,Activity 5 have 8 days, Activity 6 have 17 days and Activity 1 have 5 days so for totalling all days of critical path I have to manual calculate total duration 9+8+17+5 = 39 Total days of critical path duration, so does in SAP any field available which calculate total duration of critical path.

Hope you understand my query now.

Regards,

Faizan

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I hope in standard SAP its not possible.It`s better to develop custom program on this.

You can copy the CN49N program and calculate the critical path duration as per your business requirement.

Regards,

Pardhu

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Below is not the complete solution, check whether this is useful for you.

Go to CN47N, you can see the floats. If the Total Float is 0 or negative, then it is critical path. You can change the layout by applying a filter (Less than or Equal to) to the float, you will get the normal duration based on critical path.

Regards

Terence

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply but from CN47N it will give me only duration of individual activity and my requirement is to calculate total duration of critical path which I now able to know from where I can get it.

Regards,

Faizan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan.

Thanks for your reply.

If you feel the issue is resolved. Kindly close the thread.

Thanks

Terence

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try Strict Bottom Up Scheduling with Adjust Basic Dates.  Then after scheduling look at the Network Header Dates, they will be adjusted to the Start and Finish of the Critical Path.  that works as long as all of the activities are in the Network.  You can also try looking at the WBS as long as all of the Activities are under the same WBS.