cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detect version of Lumira embedded in Predictive Analytics tool?

0 Kudos

Dear Community,

just installed SAP Predictive Analytics tool, within which is embedded the Lumira visualization tool.

I would like to detect the version of the Lumira tool embedded in the Predictive Analytics tool, so that I can better understand capabilities (clicking help > about in the embedded Lumira does not provide version #)

Is there a way to detect the version of the Lumira tool that is embedded in the Predictive Analytics tool?

Is there a "mapping" of Lumira version to PA version?  Example: I have PA v2.3.1 installed, and Lumira is v1.29..... so which version of Lumira am I seeing in PA?

Thank you,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerold

The Lumira version installed in your desktop is not at all mapped or linked to the SAP PA or SAP PA expert mode tool in specific. Both are totally separate. SAP PA tool works without installing SAP Lumira separately. I understand the expert mode interface is similar to Lumira but both are totally different installation and has no linkage within them. SAP PA tool inherits the properties of Lumira.

To see what version of Lumira Interface integrated with your SAP PA just have a look at the below snapshot. I have SAP PA 2.3 so its showing Lumira 1.25. Check for yours.

Regards

Ranajay

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jerold.

as Ranajay was saying there is no link between the two.

SAP Predictive Analytics 2.x and Lumira are now different code lines.  New functionality appearing in Lumira does not appear into the Expert Analytics mode of PA (and viceversa). The file pointed out by Ranajay will presumably not change in future version of PA 2.x.

You can install both PA and Lumira on the same machine

Regards

PPaolo

0 Kudos

Hello Pierpaolo,

thanks for sharing - good information

unfortunately due to technical limitations I cannot load both applications at this time - so I loaded PA only and depend on Lumira version embedded therein..  This helps me better understand what I am working with - but would be most helpful if SAP included the version info in the HELP > ABOUT  menu item .....

Thank you,

Jerry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerold

Are you using an older version of SAP PA other than version 2.2 or 2.3.  Because if you are using an older version then its possible that you can't install SAP Lumira in the same machine.

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact this has been possible since the release of version 2.1.

This is mentioned in the article: "This has actually been possible since SAP PA 2.1".

Best regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

I'm on 2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

try uninstalling and installing again SAP lumira and then open both of them .

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please provide some details (workflow, screenshots) on the error you are facing. Is it faced @ PA installation time?

Thanks & regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your support and guidance - my 32 bit machine has 4 GB of RAM - unfortunately system processing consumes nearly half - so I do not have sufficient RAM to have both PA and Lumira on my laptop - I have tried and get crashes.

See my other thread on Hardware requirements to have both PA & Lumira co-installed.

My solution is I only have PA installed, use the embedded Lumira therein, and hope to upgrade to 64 bit machine before the Lumira embedded in PA becomes obsolete - Q1 2016.....   

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, are the crashes faced when you run the two products in parallel? Is it an option to run only one at a give point in time?

best,

antoine

0 Kudos

If I have PA installed, and PA has an embedded Lumira tool, why should I need to do another install of stand-alone Lumira ?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I personally prefer to have both tools installed side-by-side, please note I am using a 64-bit machine. 

It makes it more easy to me to distinguish between Lumira documents that I create for data visualization purposes and Expert Analytics documents that I create for predictive analytics purposes.

There are also things to consider that when you embed predictive content into an Expert Analytics document, you cannot export to certain platforms - Business Intelligence platform is one example.

At the end to day though, the choice is really up to you.

Best regards

Antoine

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jerold,

Just want to add on what Ranajay & Pierpaolo the mention that is part of PA 2.3 release notes:

"Lums files that were created using SAP Lumira versions 1.27 and later will not work with SAP Predictive Analytics - Expert Analytics mode."

On Lumira and SAP Predictive Analytics co-installed on the same machine, you can refer to

Best regards

Antoine

0 Kudos

Dear Antoine,

Great News - However this leads to another question - please see my latest question posted - if you can answer ....

Thank you,

Jerry

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

please provide more details on what the Technical limitations are - this should not block you. I also recommend that you create in parallel a ticket with SAP support.

best regards

antoine