Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Installation Issue and BIP add on

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is planning to install Lumira - We went through the sizing exercise and decided on the hardware, but I had a few questions regarding BIP add on, and lumira configurations.

1- We are installing lumira on a separate server, do we need a BIP add on to configure Lumira with Business objects CMS? If not , then what is BIP add on is used for ? and where can i find the install for the add on since i didnt find it on the service site under downloads

2- Is there a good document for recommended Lumira server configurations?

Thanks,

SHA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies guide, But Shakar i have a question regarding the install:

We are looking to do a clustered environment for Lumira -but what i understand from the documentation is that the BI platform needs to be installed for Lumira so we can reference the CMS during lumira install - is that correct?

Plus, is it even recommended to do a clustered Lumira environment or should it be just one server with more memory and processing?

BIP Add  on seems to be a separate install, is there good documentation on just BIP add on because i have a hard time fiding details on it in the installation guide.

Thanks,

Sheikh

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheik,

To answer your first question, yes you need BI platform to install Lumira for BIP addon.

To answer your other question, You can install Lumira on BI cluster, one of you practice i follow is to install the Lumira services on multiple nodes in a cluster (both node on two node cluster) and disable it on secondary node and use the dedicated node for Lumira.

Also its best if you give Lumira its memory and not let other services run on it. The secondary node can be used as a emergency measure just in case you are working on the primary node and need some unexpected downtime.

You may also split your Lumira services across multiple nodes if you have huge requirement for Lumira.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Shankar

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shakar,

Thanks for your reply, i understand what you mentioned but can you please kindly elaborate what you mean by when you said "You can install Lumira on BI cluster, one of you practice i follow is to install the Lumira services on multiple nodes in a cluster (both node on two node cluster) and disable it on secondary node and use the dedicated node for Lumira."

Thanks,

Sheikh

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is installing Lumira services on both the nodes if you have two node, instead of just doing it on dedicated machine so that when you need, you can enable the services on the secondary node. Again this is not something to be worried when you are doing regular deployment

Regards

Shankar

former_member340306
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shankar,

Sheikh

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to help.

Cheers

Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheikh,

To add some more light to this.

1.It is recommended to have the Lumira services running on a separate server as it runs faster with dedicated memory assigned to it instead of running it with existing servers which host WebI or other Analysis applications.

2. The BIP addon comes with a set of services for Lumira which includes the in-memory engine, modifications to existing services like AJS, APS and also web application for Lumira. So you would need to specify the CMS when installing the Lumira services from the new system.

Regards

Shankar

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - please review SAP's sizing document at sap.com/bisizing - it includes sizing for Lumira and this is where I would start

Install for add-on should be under L for Lumira if you have the license

Please review the install guide under help.sap.com/lumira