Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call F5 from button

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to call a "Browser refresh" after a certain function. I have a button with an action and inside that action i need to call "Browser refresh" (F5 in IE).

Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two options with which you can proceed.

1) Launch the application URL again on click of refresh button ( which is not suggested in portal).

2) On click of refresh button, refresh/in-validate all the nodes and make the screen to initial stage( i.e the screen when you launch from the portal ) ....

Thanks

KH

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice

And can you explain how to do the programming in your example 2? How can i program my button in order to tricker the complete refresh?

Because this is exactly what i want to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In REFRESH button action, read all the nodes and invalidate them using below code.

LO_ND_<NODE>->INVALIDATE( ).

and set the screen to the initial screen .

Thanks

KH

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Inside the button you can call the same application URL  , this will act as a refresh.

- Gowtham

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

But the application is called from the Portal and i can´t get the url of the actual call. I can only see the application url?

So yes it could be the solution - if you can tell me how to get the actual called url (not the clean Application URL)?

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Kindly reach-out your portal consultant with the application URL, he will help you to get the binded portal URL.

It will be looking something like this.

'https://xxxxxxxxx.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/''pcd!3aportal_content!2f..."

- Gowtham

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Well yes i could ask him 🙂 But the program can´t...

I don´t like hardcoding these things. If we change the Portal server (i.ex) we should recode the Wnebdynpro, which is not a nice solution.