cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying data between two different planning areas using HCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear IBPers,

I have the following problem: we want to copy data from one planning area (source) to another planning area (target) within the same SAP IBP in-the-cloud system. The two planning area have few differences in planning levels, but SHARE the same master data.

As there is no copy operator between two different operator, I am thinking to use HCI to perform this data copy.

Does anyone know whether and how it is possible to configure HCI to use IBP at the same time as source and target as well?

Any good hint?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

correction to this sentence: "As there is no copy operator between two different operator," I meant "As there is no copy operator between two different planning areas".....

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

In HCI once you select your IBP datastore as source you cannot select it as target as well.

So you could create one outbound data flow from PA1 to flat file and then an inbound data flow from flat file to PA2.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alecsandra.

Are you aware of file size limitation for this step?

I knew of this possibility, but I am thinking of an exercise dealing with a productive system and I want to make sure I am partitioning the extraction and reload correctly. It would be embarrassing to discover while running the copy that we hit the limit of the operations and we were not prepared 🙂

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I was not aware of any limitation, but now that you asked I have just checked.

I generated an outbound file, HCI log shows me that ~1.3 million rows passed the filter criteria I put (KF value not null). Report was painted in ~8minutes.

But checking the flat file that was generated i only see 1048575 lines (2^20) which seems to be excel limitation.I don`t know if or how we can overcome this.

Rgds

Alecsandra