cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP printing problem with Linux-Mint-17.2 version..

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to All,

I have some users on Linux-Mint-17.2.I installed Java GUI-7.2.Now when user gives print of any document or report through SAP,.It print with some disturbed value(For e.g: In date column-Date-20.11.2015,it prints..120.111.12015) with improper alignment(with 00010101001010 series no.prints on multiple lines)

When we gave same transactions with Windows environment,it prints perfectly fine.

So please suggest me it has problem with some some JAVA-GUI environment /page format or some thing else..??

Please guide me...!!

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my scenario problem is :  Users are not able to print (SAP-ALV & SAP-Customized report) from Linux on USB local printer.

SOLUTION :- Here is the solution for SAP printing in Linux on local USB printer :-

STEPS :-

1.   Run T-Code-SPAD

2.  Create New Printer--> Add Printer name-eg.: HPLJ

3.  Got to Utilities >> For Device Type >>Import

Select  Device Type Radio button

4.  Import--(Download & Add new.PRI file for your Printer--like for HP-M40--     printer:HPM401.PRI(Config File for HP-printing).

5.  Select Local package

6. Select Device Type: POST2   : PS lv.2 ISO Latin R4.54A+ONLY!

7. Access Method : G:Front end printing with Control Tech.

8. Fill the Host printer column with :-  __DEFAULT

9.  New printer is configured.

For assigning printer to the user in Linux :-

STEPS :-

1.T-Code SU01

2. Select user: Open in Edit Mode.

3. Go to "Default" tab: Select New printer(which you add for Linux..)

4. Save the User

5. Print the document.

RESULT :  SAP-Linux users with having local USB printers as well as Network Shared printers are able to print the report(SAP-ALV and SAP-Customized report) with proper format.

Thanks & Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some users are complaining that SAP prints blank pages(25-30 pages),written some alphanumeric characters in a single line when they give print of any document.

Some times it gives proper printing after restarting the computer.

But this problem increases everyday..!!!

Please reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

since this Discussion has been opened for a different problem and a better-suited Space for printing-related questions is http://scn.sap.com/community/output-management, I suggest to open a new Discussion in the Output Management Space with this new question.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some users are complaining that SAP prints blank pages(25-30 pages) when they give print of any document.

Please reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

do I understand correctly that printing the one and same spool request from transaction SP01 the output on Windows will be fine and the problem only happens on Linux?

If yes, please attach the properties of the Output Device (e.g. access method, device type) as screenshots.

Best regards,

Laszlo