cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS alert on late/critical receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear brothers,

In my scenario, I'd like to set a PPDS alert profile to spot late supply's. I cannot find any reference to set it up properly.

Imagine the following, we have a purchase order coming in on the same day as the demand - accoring MRP on time and no need to make requisitions.

Product A

TimeTypeValueNew value
20/11 12:00Stock1000
20/11 13:00Demand-500500
21/11 08:00PO+10001500
22/11 07:00Demand-15000

With SNP alert profile I am able to make alerts on 'absolute' shortages, but that's not what I want.

I would like a notification because there's demand using the PO quantity within 24 hours.

Is there even a possibility to do so?

I tried to setup receipt to late on product A, but this is not the answer on my issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.S

To be honest, was unable to understand the requirement. As you mentioned PO and demand are on different dates. Two demands on 20th and 22nd and PO is coming on 21 Nov.

PPDS late alert can only work effectively if you are using pegging relation ship. Do you want only consider PO as receipt element? If yet then you can write a small alert macro.

Once you provide more information, I think we can give you solution.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amol. You are correct, the PO is coming on 21 nov. Theoratically we are not running out of stock since the receipt.

However, I would like to be notified if PO receipt is this short on the demand. (let say within 24 hours).

If latest demand would be on 22/11 09:00h. Not an alert is required.

We are using dynamic pegging.

I hope my answer is clear to you.

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.S

In the alert monitor for alert type "Product too late (dynamic pegging)" , you also have one column called as Variance from Target hours. This will provide you the information about delays in hours. You can use this information as filter. You can create your own variant > 24 and make it default so business users can only see the alerts with delay > 24 hours.

You can also use Threshold values concept.

Hope this information help you.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's getting a bit clearer. There is, however, no such thing as variance in h(ours) under requirement/receipt alert type. This treshold option is only available under shelf-life.

Shelf life is not used for planning at the moment. Is this mandatory to get my scenario working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.S

please find below the screen shot where you can see Threshold values options. Variance is present in the alert monitor ouptut. Refer the attached screen shot

If this information helps please close the thread as mentioned in

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I tested this option. But this is only showing 'absolute' shortages. So real minusses in available quantities. Correct me if i'm wrong..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI R.S.

variance in h(ours) under requirement/receipt alert type which will show the delay in  hours.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct. I think we don't understand eachother right. There is not a shortage. I would only be notified if the Purchase order (receipt) is delivered within 24 hours of consumption. So MRP-logically there is no shortage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.S

Then I think you are looking at the wrong alert i.e. PPDS alert on late/critical receipt.

you require to create your own macro alert in the SNP planning book to capture this scenario.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Too bad there is no such thing for PPDS. Macro alert for SNP will probably only be able to spot shortages on daily level instead of hourly level? Anyway thanks for your answers Amol.

Answers (0)