Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel "/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS/j2ee/cluster/server0"

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Came across a strange phenomenon in XI this morning so I thought Id drop by and see if any ones experienced this before and if there is any specific reason behind the same.

While mentioning the target directory, I used double quotes in the Communication channel (" ").

eg: "G:\xxx\yyy\zzz\"

Communication channel was activated & while monitoring the respective communication channel, It threw the below error.

Attempt to process file failed with Target Directory 'K:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS\j2ee\cluster\server0'"G:\xxx\yyy\zzz" does not exist

Just curious why K drive & its folders are dragged in to picture along with the actual target directory.

Is it just a regular Bug or is there any specific scenario where this feature can come useful ?

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Are you using the file adapter? with NFS, FTP?.

The weird thing is that you have set the G: drive and the PI seems to be in the K drive. If you are using NFS, your basis team should to do available via NFS the directory in th PI system.

Kindly check the question 38 in this note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vila

Thanks for your inputs. I am using NFS protocol for this particular scenario.

The scenario works fine if I remove the double quotes.

Correct path : G:/xxx/yyy/zzz/ (Scenario works fine)

Error path    : "G:/xxx/yyy/zzz/" (Scenario throws mentioned error)

As you mentioned earlier, It is weird to see my kernel drive being dragged in.

Just wondering if anyone here has used folder paths within double quotes (" ") & have encountered something similar or if this is SAP's tactic to address any specific scenario !

Regards

Sam