Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scenario is IDOC to FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing idoc to file scenario.

I am having SAP R/3 system with 3 clients(100, 200 & 300), IDOC is comming from SAP R/3( any one of the client)

In this is scenario, I am sending IDOC-XML as it is to the NON-SAP system.

I heard that, i can do in 3 ways. those are

1. Without any repository objects: you can go ahead with No interface mechanism on the target side.

2. Without message type: create a message interface whose message type would be idoc itself

3. With message type: export the IDOC as xsd file and re import the xsd file as an external definition.

So please tell me the entire scenario how to achieve this.

Please help in this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Here I am adding my inputs...I hope it will helpful.

1. Without any repository objects: you can go ahead with No interface mechanism on the target side

- You need to create Product & SWC in SLD .

- Import above SWC into IR and connect R/3 system Import the IDOC which is required ..these two steps requrired when SAP BASIS component doesn't have the IDOC.

- When your IDOC you need not create the Outbound & Inbound Interface and Need not to create the Message type also.

- Create one Technical system to identify your R/3 and add the 3 clients in the technical system.

- Create three busines systems identiry each client.

- Create the technical system and business system for file system.

- Create the Scenario in ID and Save.

- Expand Service wihtout party and assign three business system & file system into your scenario.

- Create Receiver File adapter communcation channel with Create option.

- Create RD - 3, ID-3, RA -3

2. Without message type: create a message interface whose message type would be idoc itself

- This is Wrong.. If you create based on IDOC type message interface it won't trigger your interface...by dfault in SXMB_MONI Interface name is IDOC name will come..when ever IDOC is outbound you don't required any message interfaces...

3. With message type: export the IDOC as xsd file and re import the xsd file as an external definition.

This type when do you use means ...If you do not have authorization to import the IDOC from R/3 then you need to approach this process..

you need to go WE60 or WE61 to download as a .xsd structure and copy that .xsd into desktop import that IDOC using External Schema.

and one more thing ..if you want to change the IDOC strucure then you need to go for External schema..

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnak you Venu.

I got clear picture in mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

I have one more doubt,i.e IDOC (Oredrs05) is comming from R/3 Core. It is having 3 clients those are: 600, 700 & 800 and R/3 Core client is 100.

R/3 Core is having clients as below mentioned:

R/3 Core

Financial System (Distributed Architecture only)

Commercial System (Distributed Architecture only)

Manufacturing System (Distributed Architecture only)

Idoc may come any one of them.

In this scenario,

Should i go with 3 Business systems? or should i create one Business system on R/3 Core(client 100).

If i go with 3 business systems, from which client i have to import IDOC(Orders05)

Please solve my problem.

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think yo would also need to create RFC destinations, ports and parner profiles etc for each client...

someone please correct me if im wrong...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I think yo would also need to create RFC

> destinations, ports and parner profiles etc for each

> client...

You are correct. All this is done on the R3 system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Blogs :

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

3rd one is better option because IDOC have 1-1 communicatiion to go with 1- unbounded export it and change the 1-1 and Import it through external definitions.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if the approach wud work; but basically it was tested out for a file to file scenario and it did work. try a look into these blogs and make some minor changes at ur side and see if it works for ur scenario.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Do let us know the progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a technical system of type WebAsABAP for your R/3 server. For this tech system create 3 business systems, each for a client eg BS_R3_100, BS_R3_200, BS_R3_300.

Import the IDOC in IR.

Steps in ID.

1. Create receiver file communication channel under target business service

2. Create 3 Receiver Determinations each having different sender (100, 200, 300) and same receiver (file)

3. Create 3 Interface determination with Inbound interface either as IDOC or as interface created in IR with IDOC XSD.

4. Create the 3 receiver agreement all pointing to same file communication channel.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

In my Scenario, Whether I need to create Interface Objects & Mapping Objects or not for the reciever.

Please help in this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

you can import the IDOC in IR in XI from R/3...........then you can directly use this idoc in msg mapping and interface mapping......so you dont need to create the msg type and msg interface for this source idoc........but for receiver msg, you will need to create data type, msg type, msg interface.....then you will use this msg interface in target interface in interface mapping......

you will need to create msg mapping and interface mapping to map your source idoc to target msg in IR......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is to Send IDoc XML as a file to the target and with no mapping?

If yes, then yes you do not need IR objects.

Just Id objects.

1. Create the Business Systems ( WebASABAP ) for all the 3 clients.

2. Create the Receievr Determination and Interface Determination respectively.

The receiver and interface determinaton will use the Idoc as the Sender Message Interface and the same Idoc as the Inbound Message Interface . You need not import the Idoc in the R3 system as well. Just type in the Idoc Name and IdocNamespace for the sender interface and inbound interface and the namespace respectively.

3. The receiver agreement will use the Inbound interface ( the Idoc as the inbound interface ) with the file as the receiver comm channel.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rejeev,

In my scenario, I am sending IDOC-XML as it is FILE-XML ( The structure is same).

I heard that,In this scenario no need of mapping ( i.e. we can go head without mapping objets). Is it possible? if possible please tell me how to do this.

Thank you Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh,

I understood clearly.

But One doubt, i.e you have mentioned in your answer as "You need not import the Idoc in the R3 system as well". Can you please tell me it means no need of importing IDOC in XI (IR).

If yes, can u explain scenario clearly wth respective my scenario.

I wanna give more points, but there is no option to give more than 6 points.So I have given 6 points.

Once again Thank you Bhavesh.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are looking to use XI to merely transfer the Idoc XMl to the target file, <b>you do not need any IR content.</b>

Like I mentioned, just make sure that the sender interface ( in receiver and interface determination ) uses the name of the Idoc itself (MATMAS.MATMAS01) and the corresponding namespace (urn:idoc... ) . Like wise, this will be the inbound interface as well in the interface determination.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have one more doubt,i.e IDOC (Oredrs05) is comming from R/3 Core. It is having 3 clients those are: 600, 700 & 800 and R/3 Core client is 100.

R/3 Core is having clients as below mentioned:

R/3 Core

Financial System (Distributed Architecture only)

Commercial System (Distributed Architecture only)

Manufacturing System (Distributed Architecture only)

Idoc may come any one of them.

In this scenario,

Should i go with 3 Business systems? or should i create one Business system on R/3 Core(client 100).

If i go with 3 business systems, from which client i have to import IDOC(Orders05)

Please help in this problem.

Thank you in advance

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>In this scenario,

Should i go with 3 Business systems? or should i create one Business system on R/3 Core(client 100).</i>

3 Business Systems, one for each client.

You need not import the Idoc in the IR. Like I mentiond you need no IR content . Just make sure that the Receiver Determination , Interface Determination etc mention the correct Idoc and Idoc Namespace.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh.

But, I can import Idoc (Orders05) from one client only.

While importing Idoc in IR, I can give one client details.

Data is client specific in SAP.

Please clarify me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can import from any number of clients.

Double click on the SWCV and change the client after importin the first IDOC.

Now proceed the same way you imported IDOC from Client 1.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh,

I am sending sceen shot to ur personal Email ID

please help in this problem.

Message was edited by:

vijaya laxmi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijaya,

Can you please edit this thread and take my mail id off. I dont want any mail spams please.

Also, it would be better if you can let us all know what the error is now on the forum itself, so that we can all help you.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very sorry Bhavesh.

Please excuse me.

Regards,

Vijji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

<i>1. Without any repository objects: you can go ahead with No interface mechanism on the target side</i>.

There is no such process i think

<i>2. Without message type: create a message interface whose message type would be idoc itself</i>

This is the Right process

<i>3. With message type: export the IDOC as xsd file and re import the xsd file as an external definition</i>

No need of any External Def. Why Because we can go with the Second option. This is the Better and Stndard Process.

Regards

Khanna