cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Credit Check in VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My client is having Automatic-Dynamic credit Management.

Requirement is that if Customer's credit limit is exceeded sales order should not be created and saved.

I searched forum and found various notes and tries with Reaction=B or D ,status =block to achieve same at VA01 level.

However now user creates order within Credit limit ,order gets saved

Now when user goes in VA02 and changes order quantity ,Order value now crosses assigned Credit limit and as user saves order -Only a Information popup of Dynamic credit check exceeded displays and Order gets saved.

Client wants that in any case Order should not be saved.

Do  guide me if i am missing anything at configuration level or else.

Can we covert the Information message no. V1152 in VA02 to error,this could solve my issue.

Note: also One credit account is created and same is assigned to multiple customers here in FD32.

Also,Let me know does it will effect update data anywhere.

Awaiting your inputs asap!

regards,

Vishwajeit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestions for my query ??

Regards,

VC

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

please debug with the help of an ABAP developer. Check what response the system is picking and from which table and field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Finally it was controlled by enhancement :developed  Error message in VA02 ,as user tries to save sales order,

Based on Information message displayed (Dynamic /credit check) ,we developed error message check in VA02.

Regards,

VC

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you show the customers credit limit in FD32?

Also, please make sure that the payer record of the customer has been assigend the correct risk category (as shown in above picture) and an entry exists in customizing for a combination of the above risk category+CCA + Credit group.

Just in case, also check if the company code in question has been assigned to the credit control area.

Check whether the sales document type you are using has been assigned the credit group as shown in the picture.

Use D (Error) for Dynamic check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have checked payer record of the customer has been assigned the correct risk category and an entry exists in customizing for a combination of the above risk category+CCA + Credit group.

Also sales doc type assigned to credit group.

since option D is useful in VA01 t.code to control Sales order from saving if Credit limit is exceeded.I am concerned about VA02 which only issues Waring message and allows to save sales order even if Credit Limit is exceeded.

FYI attached FD32 settings.

Thanks,

vishwajeit

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the error message working in VA01? Is it only not working in VA02? - is this the scenario that when creating a sales order the credit limit check was not exceeded, so the system allowed the user to save the sales order. However, in VA02, the user changes the sales order which increases the net value of the sales order. This is causing the credit limit to be exceeded.

Is the document available in VKM4/VMK3 in the list of blocked sales documents?

Please debug with the help of an ABAP developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes with Reaction= "B" Status= Block, error message comes in VA01 but as you rightly said User changes Order Qty in VA02 and Credit limit exceeds ,here system only shows Information/warning message and allows to save sales order..

Also It appears in VKM3/VKM4 for further release.

I want to restrict User to save sales order in VA02.

But here System Checks Order QTY with which value of CREDIT LIMIT( Individual Limit or Total Limit) and at what stage ?

Thanks,

VC

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please change the status to D (error). save the Transport request and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With D alos it doesnt work in VA02,and allows to save order

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you make the changes after creating the sales order? If you did, then create a new sales order with the new indicator (D).

If not, please debug with the help of a developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Customer i set limit in FD32 with Credit limit=100000(Total & individual Limit)

I created one Sales order of value 80000 in VA01 ,saved order

now i released order through VKM3.

Again i went to VA02 and increased qty of line item ,due to which Order (NETWR) value increased to 110000 and tried to save sales order,Information message of DYNAMIC check exceeded came, still sales order was saved and later invoiced..

How to control this behaviour in VA02 when order value exceeds Credit limit assigned ,system should not allow to save sales order.

Here we create Sales order with reference to Contracts!

kindly guide as this is little urgent  requirement...

regards,

VC

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Slightly deviating from your question, but have you considered the following situation:

In most companies the credit limit gets updated based on the confirmed quantity and not on ordered quantity. So imagine an order is created and is only partially confirmed. With this partial confirmation the order is not blocked for credit limit. During the day a production order is confirmed and now you have sufficient stock to cover the full quantity. V_V2 is run as a job and the system will try to confirm the full quantity, but according to this requirement this should result in error during order save instead of blocking for credit limit. I have never tried this, so I am wondering whether it could cause problems.

Not all increases in order credit value are result of increasing order quantity for an item, it could be because of partial confirmation, delivery block with quantity confirmation removal, clearing rejection reason for order item etc.

It may be a good idea to evaluate with the business consultants and the solution architects the scenarios where preventing order save because of credit limit exceeded may cause problems.

Regarding order creation: what about orders created not directly in ERP, but received via EDI or via a mobile device - the error could be because of incorrect pricing applied etc. Isn't it a bit safer to save the order and somebody to review it and then modify/reject if appropriate?

Also in the case of revising the credit limits for customers, the users are expected to run F.28. You will need to check the impact of this solution with such step in mind as well (also when you have a delivery created for some sales orders).

Are you going to use the same approach not only for rush orders, but for all possible business processes?

An alternative idea in case you use CRM for order taking - if I remember correctly in the case of credit block it is possible to set up the system in such way, that the blocked order is saved at creation, but is not transferred to ERP. In this case at least the people responsible could review the problematic orders by the end of the day and reprice/reject if needed.

In some companies in case the customer orders above the assigned credit limit, the business developer can agree that part of the quantity is delivered upto the available credit and the rest with a separate order, that is paid either in advance or at the time of delivery - in such way the customer is happy (he gets the products after all) and the company is happy (because sales => profit and keeping the customer satisfied is part of the whole process).

With the approach your client is adopting, such scenario would not be possible - please double-check with the business whether they have similar treatment and if they would wish to continue using such procedure. This scenario may have an impact on your development/setup as well, so it is good to discuss it with the business process expert/process leader.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, you can´t change warning message V1 152 to error message.

Add your checks in userexit_save_document_prepare in MV45AFZZ.

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JM,

thanks for suggestion!

Can you plz guide about checks to be added ,as i am working new to this scenario!

Also in VA02 system should check Net Value of order to which field of Credit Limit(i mean Individual limit or Total limit as One credit account is assigned to multiple Customer account)

Regards,

Vishwajeit