cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting objects in PI

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I am a basis consultant and have just completed an upgrade from PI7.1 to PI 7.3. Everything works well except the transport system.

Error

I inherited this system and I am trying to get the transports of objects to work. We have a PID .PIQ and PIP PI system with each of them having its own sld. 3 SLDs. The System has been configured with different business systems. Example Is the one we are having issues with. We have 2   BS on dev SLD and QA SLD   called BS_DHR_600 and a BS BS_QHR_600. Transport would be to export from BS_DHR_600  to BS_QHR_600 I have create groups called PI_DEV  the Dev. SLD 

( p3) and the QA SLD. There is 1 integration server Business System on each SLD with its own SID (p1)

I cant seem to add groups to the BS.. See  (p2)

Question DO I add the group on the QA sld or DEV SLD . I fi click on the target BS I see all the groups that is attached to it

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Morga Moodaley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to write the target system in your  SLD.

SLD Q:

BS_DHR_600 Target system Group: PI_Q. Target system: BS_QHR_600

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto Thanks for that What do you mean write the target system to your S:D In my DEV SLD .. the are BS with the same name for dev and qa Don't understand this statement "SLD Q: BS_DHR_600 Target system Group: PI_Q. Target system: BS_QHR_600" Thanks in advance

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Attached screen shots of one BS hr system for client 600 on dev and qa SLD

I cant seem to dd griups to this

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Morga,

In your second screenshot I can see only 1 group: PI_DEV.

So, as a first step, you should create two additional groups: PI_QAS and PI_PRD.

In order to do so, click here:

After it you will be redirected to the next screen where you should be able to create the new groups (in my case I only have DEV and PRD:

After doing this, you should select each integration server and add it to the correct group:

INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV to PI_DEV

INTEGRATION_SERVER_QAS to PI_QAS

INTEGRATION_SERVER_PRD to PI_PRD.

to do so, go to the Integration tab:

Finally, make sure that all the DEV systems belong to the PI_DEV group (not only the Integration Server, but all the DEV systems in your landscape).

If you do all this correctly, you will be able to set the QAS systems as targets for your DEV systems transport.

Let me know if you need further info.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, you have to createyouruletransport in your Quality SLD.

So you need in your Quality SLD create two PI GROUP.

1. firstone associated to your PI_DEV and the second one associated toyou PI_QUA.

2. Associate your Business system BS_DHR_600 to your PI_DEV group

3. Associate your BS_QHR_600 to your PI_QUA group

4. In your BS BS_DHR_600 create your rule transport.

thatsall.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis I noticed that you have 3 integration servers i.e INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV INTEGRATION_SERVER_qas INTEGRATION_SERVER_prd on each sld,wherEby I only have one INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID ON EACH SLD SO I SHOUDL CREATE 2 MORE PER SLD

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. In your DEV SLD you should have at least the DEV and QAS systems. In your QAS SLD you should have all the systems and in your PRD SLD you should have at least the QAS and PRD systems.

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

You can check this guide and the first link provided to have more info about the SLD Configuration.

Remind also that there are several strategies to align your SLD. You can use one central SLD for all your systems or you can Export/Import the SLD configuration to have all SLDs with uniform information.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

When I try to create a new integration server for piq or pip on the  sld for pid..it try and pickup the sid and the client for the integration  server.. I donthave this technical systems for PIQ and PIP on the PID SLD Is this correct or should I export and import my technical systems from the qa and prd slds an add them into the dev sld Thanks again for the help to you and ALberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, one question, why are you trying to create your PI´s system (Quality and PRO) in Dev? this solution require that you have synchronize SLD´s....

If you have synchronized SLD, at the end, changes created in DEV SLD are going to propagate to QUA SLD and PRO SLD. Each rule transport which you have created in DEV SLD will appear in QUA SLD and PRO SLD.

If you do not have synchronized SLD, the solution is create rule transport in each SLD environment.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos
  1. Hi Louis Thanks so far fro all your help My dev sld is looking much better

Check my PI_QAS group on pi sld

Confirmation is this correct on pid dev sld

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi How you create the rule transport from dev to qa

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Reason I am asking is that I still get that first error when I go into my IB on my qa system and try and import soemthing

Former Member
0 Kudos

screenshot that you sent are ok, if are from your sld qua. try again to import in IB.

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you re-exported the objects from DEV and reimported them on QAS? Or you are just reimporting what you had exported before (before the changes in SLD)? I believe you should do both export and import again.

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

Also make sure that you have this configuration in both SLDs (DEV and QAS) or that both PI DEV and PI QAS point to the same SLD.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis I have export dev technical and integration servers) systems from the dev system to the qa system  and vice versa. I have not stared with prd as yet as I just want to get the imports working from dev to qa Little confused now as I said earlier I have 3 separate slds for dev systesm , qa systems and prod systems Now you say I  must point them to the same SLD.. ?? Won't that be defeating the purpose. But please advise SO I can try THanks Morgs

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Also re- exported and re-imported from dev to qa ..same issue

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

From the screenshot you sent, I can see the BS_DHR_600 has the correct target BS_QHR_600.

However, I cannot see in the screenshot if you have set INTEGRATION_SERVER_PIQ as the target system for INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID. Could you please try to do it? If you have already done, please send the screenshots so we can check.

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

Thanks for the reply

See  screenshot of   integration servers on the DEV SLD  (pidevdb)

I change the PID  integration server to point to theqa integration server just not as you mentioned it

SEE SCREEN SHOT

Thanks

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Make sure you have the same configuration in QAS SLD. If you have it, the import/export should work fine now... I don't know what else could be wrong...

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

See screen shout of qa sld for pid on piqasb

luisbarros
Participant
0 Kudos

This is not correct...

Why do you have BS_QHR_600 as source for your INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID?

In all SLDs you should have:

Source -> target

BS_DHR_600 -> BS_QHR_600

INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID -> INTEGRATION_SERVER_PIQ

So in this case, you have to select system BS_QHR_600 in your QAS SLD and change its target (from INTEGRATION_SERVER_PID to BS_PHR_600).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BAsis,

Luis is right, the problem in your Quality PI is, check my first screenshot.

How PI Works when you import a tpz file or request: when you try to import your scenario in your Quality PI (your tpz file), PI  find in your file or request next system: "BS_DHR_600", so, PI is going to check in your SLD (quality) his group, in your case "PI_QAS". In his moment, PI try to understand which system is "target system" for BS_DHR_600....so, that is the reason why you have to create your rule.

If you are going to import your scenario in PI Quality o PRO you only have to have each SLD configurated....Your PI Quality is going to check each rule in SLD Quality and PI PROD is going to check in his SLD.

If there is NO rule transport: PI does not know the name in which has to translate BS_DHR_600.

If there is rule transport: PI change in each object BS_DHR_600 for BR_QHR_600.

Br,

Alberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morga,

The entries for QA/PRD should also be created in the DEV SLD. It is where you can add/change the target systems.

Regards,

Mark

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thanks for that What entries .. Business Groups or BS.. The Business systems are in dev and qa