cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform in machine BI 4.1 upgrade.

former_member362299
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are planning to do BI 4.1 upgrade from BO 4.0 sp 10 , I need know the prerequisites and steps to do In machine upgrade. I have the gone though Upgrade guide but it is not clear on how to do it. Kindly share your inputs.

regards

Manjappa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below doc and link

SAP BO 4.1  upgrade? | SCN

You can use Upgrade Management Tool to upgrade

•When you run the GUI upgrade management tool you are given the option of doing a complete upgrade or an incremental upgrade. (A comparison of complete vs incremental upgrades is outlined in the section below.) If you are using the command line, you can only do a complete upgrade.

•The upgrade management tool requires that the features that you are going to upgrade are available on the machine where you are running it. This means that you need the components installed with the different BI platform servers.

•UMT reads from source, saves on the local Hard Disk and writes to the target.

•The OS's Temp directory should have at least 10GB free disk space.  Don’t run out of ‘temp’ disk space!

•Greatly reduce upgrade time by setting JavaHeap to use as much RAM as possible in the ‘command line’ (in the shortcut) for UMT.

Refer

2050594 - How to upgrade to BI 4

How to Upgrade to BI4.0 - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Br, Vaibhav

former_member362299
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks vaibav,

where UMT is vailable. how to download it.

regards

Manjappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Below link explain how to install UMT

While to have detail knowledge you can refer

Br , Vaibhav

former_member362299
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vaibav,

I couldn't able to find UMT tool in Service market place, could please tell me exact location where i can find it.

Former Member