Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding only the updated rows in Complex table

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am aware that, having the "Check Complex table" feature enabled in a transmit configuration will check for complex table change every single time when the user triggers a transmit (that is assigned to the fore mentioned transmit configuration).

But how exactly this would work?

Let's say, I have a Complex table that has millions of rows and I have made some changes to this table in the back end (Add/modify/delete entries), Now when I trigger a transmit, "Check Complex table" feature will detect the change. But what happens next?

1. The entire table will rebuild?

2. Only the rows which are affected (Added/Modified/Deleted) will be rebuilt?

Also do I need to change the refresh value of this particular complex table in config. panel to "0" in order to make the "Check complex table" feature to work?

Thanks

Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madan,

In Agentry if you have check "check complex table" in every sync it will check for complex table. And which is required to download complex table.

In SAP there is three parameter for CT table need to be configure

1. TABLE_CHECK

2. TABLE_REFRESH

3. ENABLE_TABLE

and the value for these parameter can be maintain as

-1 = never,

0 = everytime,

1 week = 168(in hours),

1 month = 720(in hours)

while mobile device call CT Bapi this entries will be check and compare in java based on the result it will fetch to mobile.

TABLE_CHECK - Values should be at least as frequent those specified in TABLE_REFRESH. Tables support exchange mechanism (updates & deletes sent down without needing reload of whole table), and can be checked frequently with little performance loss

TABLE_REFRESH - Tables support exchange mechanism (updates & deletes are sent down without needing reload of whole table), and need to be completely reloaded infrequently (if at all). based on the results it will fetch the table.

ENABLE_TABLE - Based on the value (0 or 1) table will get download to mobile.

Here 1 means download the table and 0 means ignore the table.

Hope this helps you!

Ajitesh

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajitesh That helped a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

Hi. Based on reviewing Ajitesh comments, we agree with his statements. Thanks Ajitesh for sharing.

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark