Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Measurement to Trigger Alerts in SAP EM/TM

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I understand that we can utilize the functionality of measurements in SAP EM to identify the quantity of goods supplied by a carrier or other specification of the goods & in case of an discrepancy we can trigger alerts using the standard activities such as IS_MSRMNT_OUT_OF_TOL  etc with proper assignment to rule set.

However i have configured 4 fields one for quantity & unit of measure for both expected values & actual values of type "MEASURED VALUE"  &  "UNIT OF MEASURED VALUE"  receptively.

Assigned the same to WebUI display profile, but i am unable to view the fields in the WebUI. What additional configuration are required for measurement functionality to be visible in the WebUI??

How does the expected value of the measurement comes from application system , is it purely through the expected event extractor or can we enter it manually (atleast for testing ) . Kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the coding as suggested by Daniel & i was able to see the measurement data in the Event Handler.However i have following queries:

I have created 4 fields of measurement attribute unit & value as follows:

Done the coding of as follows:

Now the results as event handler level:

Events Visible in WebUI:

1.I am getting the "measurement tab" visible against the event "Arrival at Destination" and not against other event.Why So.Is this dependent on any configuration?

2.I am unable to report the actual values of the Measurement.

Kindly help.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you only get the measurement tab for arrival that you are only extracting the expected measurements for this expected event, I guess. You have do to this in the expected event extractor for each expected event you want to have the measurement.

If you want to report the actual values via EM web ui you have to do the required configuration for the user profile (event message profile -> event confirmation details and/or event reporting items). You have to create configured fields for the values you want to report and assign them to the profile.

Best regards Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have added the fields to the event reporting & now the field is available to enter values.But now upon entering the measured value & the qty , it does not update the measurement tab in event header.

Is there any more coding required at the reporting end.

Also any guess why upon clicking "measurements" in the EM WebUI , the values are displaying as blank while there is value at the header.

The maintained value in EE Extrator of 10 KG is available at event handler but not in the EM WebUI.

Also i would like to know the coding written by me:

what will the following mean,

ls_meas-itmtyp      = '10' .                 ---> Default line item as 10.

ls_meas-itmid       = 'ZEXPECTQTY'.  --> this is one of the display field configured

Is this right as well??

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to process the measured values against the expected measurements you have to add rule set activity method PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS to your rule set.

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel ,

After the addition of PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS in the rule set & the same value gets updated in the Event Handler.But it is getting reported as "Unexpected Event" and these values are not displayed against the Event in the WebUI display.Both the measured/expected qty/unit appears blank.

Why am i unable to view the expected qty & measured qty here:

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

then your event message did not match the expected event having the expected measurements -> therefore it got processed as unexpected event. The event message having the actual measurements needs to match the corresponding expected event - the criteria that needs to match is defined in the expected event profile.

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Can you pls explain what you mean by " The event message having the actual measurements needs to match the corresponding expected event - the criteria that needs to match is defined in the expected event profile."

Where does in expected event profile does we mention this criteria??

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

for each expected event you can define in the expected event profile (TA /SAPTRX/TSC0EE), which data shall be compared to match an event message to such an expected event:

Of course, the event code has to match. Additionally you can define if partner (PARTNER_ID_TYPE, PARTNER_ID), location (LOC_ID_TYPE, LOC_ID_1, LOC_ID_2) and/or data (DATACS, DATAID) have to match or not. You can define this by using the 'Do Not Check' flags shown above. So in the above set-up an event message will match to an expected event if the fields EVENT_CODE, LOC_ID_TYPE, LOC_ID_1, LOC_ID_2 are identical. To address more complex scenarios you can as well use check functions to implement custom logic for matching partner, location or data.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

To find out check logic function in Expected Event profile, please find following link where we given a solution.

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone share the sample code for adding measurement logic in the expected event extractor.I had seen it somewhere mentioned in the standard FM documentation earlier but unable to find it now.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to fill table e_measrmntdata in the expected event extractor per expected event for which you want to have expected measurements.

Coding could look like this:

ls_meas-appobjid    = ls_app_objects-appobjid.
           ls_meas-appobjtype  = i_app_obj_types-aotype.
           ls_meas-appsys      = i_appsys.
           ls_meas-milestonenum = lv_milestonecnt. -> reference to the expected event
             ls_meas-mestyp = 'W0'. -> choose the correct measurement type
             ls_meas-plan_amount = <your expected amount>
             ls_meas-plan_amunit = <unit for exp. amount>
             ls_meas-itmtyp      = <type>
             ls_meas-itmid       = <some identifier>
             INSERT ls_meas INTO TABLE e_measrmntdata.

Additionally you can set here the lower and upper limits, or deviation percentage, confirmation type additional attributes for identifying the measurement (object type, parcod,..)

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel ,

Can you share the syntax for defining upper & lower limits as well.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply fill the corresponding fields in structure ls_meas (/SAPTRX/MEASR_DATA): CONF_HI and CONF_LO

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Measurements should be displayed as a link to open a poup with measurements:

Maybe check Webdynpro config if field measurement is in the display.

Measurements are bound to Expected Events. Creation is done with Expected Event Extractor. Reporting with Event Message and filling the according structure and using PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS activity.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Configurations are looking good.

Measurements belongs to Expected Events in SAP EM System.  If Qty and Unit are available in system then those will be visible in expected event in SAP EM WebUI. 

Go to SAP EM WebUI and see whether Measurement link shows in expected event and also you can check /SAPTRX/EH_LIST -> Header -> Measurements, if expected measurement in system.

Regards

GGOPII