cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a sales order with changes material master data ?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have scenario where the tax indicators for a material are wrongly maintained in material master and Sales order is created. After the Billing document is created for the sales document business has realized that there is a mistake in the master data.

And we have updated the material data with the correct tax indicators but not able to get it reflected in the sales order. we are not able to get the price conditions which are dependent on material tax indicators, as we are not able to get new material tax indicators reflected in sales order.

Because of this we are not able to post the invoice to accounting, as required condition record is missing. Please provide your inputs how we can rectify this error.

Thanks in advance !!

venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cancel documents subsequent to sales order. In the sales order, make use alternate tax classification in the item level. Once you've updated the correct material tax classification, update pricing and save sales order.

Note: 1. Sequence of tax classification condition types in material master is maintained in the sales document item too.

2. Alternate tax classification fields exist in sales document header too - but these represent customer tax classification.

Regards,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your help.

This option worked and am able to get the conditions required into sales order.

Thanks.

Venkateshwarlu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Glad I could help.

Regards,

Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateshwarlu,

If you have changed the material master after the billing you must cancell all documents (invoice, delivery...), and return back to change the sales order.

After that, you can invoice again and it should take the modifications in the material master.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the same cancelled billing, reverse PGI and deleted the Delivery document, Update the sales order in but still it shows the same material master data. The new data is not reflected in sales order.

Thanks

Venkateshwarlu

0 Kudos

Hello, In order to see the new condition on the sales, go to sales order condition tab (item detail) and re determine the pricing. Select the option "Carry out new pricing" should bring the appropriate condition records to the sales order. Once you have the required condition records on the sales order you can carryout the down stream process again which would reflect the current sales order data. Hope this helps. please confirm if this solves your issue. thanks, Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for your reply.

As we do not have the updated master data details pulled into sales order, it would still use the old condition records even if we update the pricing. I have tried this in system but did not work.

The main question here is how to pull the updated mateial master data into an existing sales order.

Thanks,

Venkateshwarlu

0 Kudos

Hello Venkateshwarlu, what update you are referring to on the master data. Is your update on the master data  directly determines the appropriate condition record or you need to change on of the condition record.  when you create a new sales order does your change work properly? if there is a condition record exists check the validity period too. thanks, venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

Am referring to the tax data in the material master here. Yes all condition records are set and they are working properly with a newly created sales order. I need to know how to get it worked with a created sales order !!

thanks

Venkateshwarlu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateshwarlu Gaddam,

If it is one document you can cancel the billing document and update the material master record and up date condition record  then create billing once more and update conditions so it will get updated..

If you change master data after you have created any  document it is not possible to change the values.

0 Kudos

Hi Radhakrishanan,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried the option you have given before only, the newly created billing document is not getting the updated with material master data from material. So it is the same case as earlier !!

The master data is flowing to Billing document from Sales order so i updated sales order also after changing material, But still new data is not reflected in Sales order.

Thanks

venkateshwarlu