cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we proceed to make PI configuration changes and leave them inactive on production? Is this sound right approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we proceed to make PI configuration changes and leave them inactive on production? Is this sound right approach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Not a best policy until those configurations have to Go Live  in near future.. For better readiness for an approaching Go Live you can of  course push it to production and keep channel status inactive/stopped to be better prepared for the cut-over.

Regards,

Vikas

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do we want to make the changes in Production and dont want to activate that.

Any how you can do that on that case last activated version will work in the run time and your saved version will work when it will be activated.

Thanks,
Apu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on the context. Can you give more background on why you wanted to do this?

Thank you,

Justin.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If you are talking about the Integration Directory, you can create the objects and not activate and you don't have any problem if you don't want these changes working.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But Inaki,to my knowledege its not good to make any changes in production.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

You are right it is not the best policy. But, for example i had several WS endpoints on production which URLs would change. You know, the easy that it is to do a typo error in a URL, and the the transporting in  a communication channel that depends about the environment has no sense. To let prepared the change list for a quicker activation, in my opinion was a good idea. Also, in another project had a similar problem but with 5 or 6 entire scenarios and the go pro day i couldn't be present, i prepared the change list for a colleague mine and it was perfect. I think, may be it is not a good approach, but to prepare a ID changes in a change list for future sometimes can be needed.

Regards.