cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Flow Diagram toolbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have managed to create a Data Flow Diagram as a Physical Model.  However, the Toolbox does not display the 'Data Store', 'Process', 'Flow' tools in the toolbox.

How do I get them to appear?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You would have to create them as custom extensions to a physical model (PDM).

They are artifacts of the business process model (BPM).

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I select FILE>NEW MODEL

then select INFORMATION category, then DATA FLOW DIAGRAM from category items.  I get a new model/diagram for Business Processing Modeling.  I then do not see the Toolbox items like 'Data Store', 'Process', etc as depicted in the  documentation. I get the same toolbox tools as the physical model.

What am I missing?

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you can, change the model language to 'Analysis' or start a new Business Process Model using 'Analysis' language.  I do not think DFD BPM supports those artifacts in the nomenclature so those artifacts are not available.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the 'Model Category Set Properties' I do not have a Business Process Model listed in the dropdown as a Model Type.

Why is it not listed?

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you are using 'Categories', use 'Business', not 'Information' and select 'Business Process', or use 'Model Types' and select 'Business Process Model'.

When I create a DFD using the method you described earlier (which is a DFD Business Process Model), I do see the tools you are looking for in the toolbox under the 'Data Flow Diagram' section (you may have to expand it).

If you are still not seeing any of this, or you do not have the 'Model Types' showing in the new model dialog, then either:

• The model types were not installed initially (PD installed with a more limited license - see my previous post to one of your quetions in this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3827114)
  • You have applied a User Profile that may disable some functionality

I would suggest a reinstall as a trial to ensure all components are installed, if you are the owner of this license or speak to your PD administrator to see if you have had a .upf applied or can re-install PD.

Chris