SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL - Historical reads checking schedule records dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing a problems migrating historical meter reads into SAP system. The system is checking schedule record dates and giving errors like  'Entry of MR results not possible' or 'No MR orders created for device &1'. I know that we need to have schedule records to migrate meter reads into SAP system but not sure why EMIGALL checking the schedule record "dates" for historical reads? What are we missing? Can someone help.

Thanks  

6 REPLIES 6

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pass the readings in with a Meter reading reason that isn't related to a schedule record. 02 if you need it related to billing, 09 if not.

In my tests, I get message EL379 related to missing schedule records specifically when there aren't matching schedule records, & I get message EL157 when I try to create readings earlier than the equipments valid from date.

Are you sure you aren't targeting dates earlier than the equipment exists?

0 Kudos

Meter readings converted are before meter tech and bill install. So as far as equipment is concerned, it's valid from date is before the reads are being migrated.

Are you suggesting that because we are converting reads with read reason 01, that is why system is check schedule records historically. We are using 01, 02 and 09 reason for multiple scenario that exists.

0 Kudos

Nothing about the migration methodology for Meter Readings removes the inherent checks SAP requires for reading reasons.

The only parameter (that I am aware of) is X_NO_VALIDATION to prevent plausibility checks.

That said, it shouldn't be too problematic to generate the required schedule records in advance if that is the requirement.

E1DY / E43A

0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel.

I think the issue is using 01 read reason which we cannot avoid as we have to load EBFs. We have generated required schedule records as well but the challenge is data itself which requires a lot of cleansing.

0 Kudos

You should be able to declare the actual reading date separately from the schedule record. This might allow you to sidestep "data cleansing" by using the schedule records closest to your legacy reading results & declaring the actual reading date correctly.

0 Kudos

yeah I just tested it, set ADATTATS to the date the reading is valid for, & ADATSOLL to the date of the relevant schedule record.