cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we obtain data from an XTable (CrossTab)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

So using the REST services to read Webi documents, I've been able to pull data from an HTable and a VTable by using "dataset" as such:

https://<host:port>/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/1208969/reports/2/elements/14/dataset

Result:

{"dataset":{"metadata":{"value":[{"@dataObjectId":"DP0.DOda","@type":"String","$":"State"},{"@dataObjectId":"DP0.DO93","@type":"Numeric","$":"Sales"}]},"row":{"value":["California","$$$$$"]}}}

However, I can't seem to be able to pull anything from an XTable, the result is always:

{"dataset": ""}

I've tried a bunch of things like using "datafilter", "datapath", tried supplying "parameters", and etc, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I know the API can sometimes be tricky and I'm wondering if this is one of those cases.

Does anyone know to pull from an XTable or why it won't work?

Thanks!

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Scott,

Weird... it's the exact same call, whatever the element type is! (cell, chart, htable, vtable, xtable)

1. Which version are you running?

2. Do you get a different result if you transform the xtable to vtable, then run again exactly the same previous call?

eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I just took a look at it and problem solved!

So thanks to your suggestion Eric I turned it into a VTable and I saw that it was the same thing;  empty dataset, empty parameters.

I noticed the data was refreshing when I would open the webi doc and I thought that if there were no parameters then there was no need to call /parameters, but as it turns out, I actually needed to make a PUT call to "/parameters?refresh=true" while passing as empty payload and I get the following message and dataset now returns data!

message: "The resource of type 'Document' with identifier '1208969' has been successfully updated."

I did the same thing again for XTable and voila I have data!

Just for reference:
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 3 Patch 4

Version: 14.1.3.1405

Regards,

Scott

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Any news? Did you troubleshoot this issue?

What are the characteristics of your xTable? Inside a section ?

Thanks and regards,

Anthony