cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need HU for this process?

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

A SKU, always in quantity of 2, is received and placed in an empty tote ('next empty bin'). Until those items gets issued out, they go through some 'pre-assembly' work. Let's just say a handler takes the tote to Room A, it gets worked on, then handlers moves to Room B, it gets worked on, and then is issued out. Many other totes with different materials go through same process.

In WM, is it best that I map the Rooms to storage types?

And now I have this 'mobile' bin. What is my simplest design...should I have the same bin number (tote) in Room A and Room B, and use LT10 bin to bin transfers to track the material's physical location (Room) based on storage type? Or is there a better approach (HU mgmt)?

Lastly, I'd like the workers in each Room to request the specific material when they are ready to do the work. Does WM provide anything better than an LT10 TO creation in foreground? I was hoping for the simplicity of a Kanban pull (not possible, since material is not issued out) or an RF mobile transaction (has to be custom developed for LT10).

Thanks! Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, mapping the rooms to storage types should work well. Otherwise you could simply use a different BIN naming convention for each room so the users can easily locate the stock. It depends on the warehouse structure and the difference between the rooms. If each room is for a separate function it might make sense to use unique storage types with a name that identifies the process but it would not be a technical requirement.

SU management sounds like a good option for you. I would not recommend the use of HU management in WM unless serial number tracking is a business requirement. Your tote would have a unique SU so the tote would be SU not BIN.

You can create a BIN or multiple BINs for each room and move the tote (SU) in the system as it moves from room to room.

You can use LT10 or LT01 and there is also standard LT09

The post below seems to provide some great details on how to transfer the stock via RF unit:

Answers (0)