cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0 PL7: What roles are missing for enabling ME51N sidepanel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NWBC experts,

I have got all 3 sidepanel roles for logistics, and now I run ME51N in NWBC for desktop, but on the sidepanel, I got the following error message:

"Page BSSP_SP_VISUAL_ENTERPRISE_MATNR: no authorization for activity 'Display' (user xxx)"

Can anyone tell what authorization is missing for this sidepanel? More, for such an error, how can I find the missing roles?

Thanks.

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just to share with you my finding:

I found the reason - the side panel for me51n is a web dynpro app using Page Builder. The error seen here is due to the factor that the roles for the Page Builder are missing. Added proper roles, the side panel of me51n is shown properly.

Set to corrected.

Dong Zhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong Zhu,

For this sidepanel to work. You would need to have visual enterprise installed on your system.

Please make sure that is there first.

If it is, then run a authorization trace on it and check which authorizations you are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Since I am not a SAP Basis person, I will need to get more detailed info to advise the right persons to do needed installations. Could you point out more info or links for:

- Where and how to find info for Visual Enterprise? Our company is very big so I expected all the needed components have been installed normally. Why does it need this one, because it is only needed by NWBC?

- How to run authorization trace, by tcode? I guess it is normally a special task for the authorization persons.

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In the back end system, use ST01 & if you are not Auth guy then contact them or raise any ticket with the proper screen shots.

How to take the trace please find the below link:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Authorization+Trace+in+transaction+ST01

Hope it is helpful.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Also one more information:

Kindly go through the below link :

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/48/5059dfe31672d4e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Thanks