cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System: Timezone of J2EE Engine <ID> does not match timezone of the diag. agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i discovered this error on most (or all?) of our doublestack Systems. (CRM, Solution Manager)

Duser.timezone is not explicitely set in the instance.properties of the Java instance.

According to note 1776969 timezone of smd Agent should be set in smdagent.properties tp the same value.

So I tried to either delete the timezone Setting from smdagent.properties, or set it to GMT (as some Kind of "Standard" time), or CET (as is the System time Zone in STZAC). But no matter how: There is always the same error.

And Yes: SM_COLL_<SID> is not locked and has sufficient privileges for this.

Has anyone this configuration up and running without Errors?

How can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Woulf you mind in informing the timezone settings of both the agent and the J2EE system and to attach the latest modified SMDAgentApplication log after reproducing the error?

Thanks and regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

after explicitely setting -Duser.timezone with configtool for the Java Server processes, it was no problem to set the SMD Agent to the same timezone.

So SMD Agent is not able to determine the timezone of the Java stack but stupidely looks for the parameter to be set.

Now everything is fine, but in case that a system changes timezone (in our global world this happens now more and more often) this could pull timezones for Java and ABAP stack apart.

thank you for your help

Answers (0)