Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

Can you please help me with the below 3 terminologies whih are frequently used when secure connection is required and what is the difference between them,

1. Server Fingreprint

2. Private and Public keys

3. Certificates

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the above Harish.

My understanding is that Public key can be found inside Certificate. So Certifcate and Keys are not the same thing. Please correct in me if I am wrong.

Also can you please shed some more light on SFTP connectivity,

I have Public key and Private key which is being used to transfer the files from one system to other but we currently use scripts for the same. In the To be world, we have to replace these scripts with PI. Please let me know how can I do that as,

1. I do not have the corresponding certificates.
2. Public key and Private key which I have mentioned above - Based on my understanding Private key has to be imported into SAP PI and Public key has to be shared with the Partner.

3. When I try to import the Private key only (as I do not have certifccate), I am using option PKCS#12 (I am not sure if this is right option), it is asking me the password which I don't have. Can you please if there is any other way I can import it into my landscape.

Regards,

Abhi

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

2. Public key and Private key which I have mentioned above - Based on my understanding Private key has to be imported into SAP PI and Public key has to be shared with the Partner.

--->> Yes you are correct. Only public key is shared with partner.

3. When I try to import the Private key only (as I do not have certificates), I am using option PKCS#12 (I am not sure if this is right option), it is asking me the password which I don't have. Can you please if there is any other way I can import it into my landscape.

--->>refer the below blog

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Please refer the below link

Server fingerprint - How to Determine the Public Key Finger Print of a SSH Server - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

2. Private and Public keys

Creating a Key Pair and Public-Key Certificate and Signing It - System Security - SAP Library

3. Certificates

Certificates are nothing but the keys (public and private keys)

regards,

Harish