cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on Lınux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We set up SAP Netweaver 7.4 on Linux. I used export DISPLAY=:0.I run sapinst no error but the process is running load resource pool for long time. No error, No another open session. Could you please help me what the error is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aysen,

1. Are you logging on the machine directly as 'root' or are you performing a 'sudo' or 'su - ' from another user ?

2. Before you even try to invoke sapinst, have you tested that your X display is working by maybe running something like 'xclock' ?

3. Have you correctly set your environment variables and ulimits before starting sapinst ?

4. Simple test, invoke sapinst -nogui and see if you get as far as "SL Controller Started". If it starts up fine then your problem is possibly related to 1 or 2 or 3 above.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aysen,

I am assuming that you have starting the SWPM but not managed to connect to the GUI?  If so, you could kill the job and restarted it in Server mode and then connect to it from an X-Window, on Windows, for example. You would need to set putty to forward X11 forwarding to localhost:0 and ensure that you have an X-Window client like XMING  installed to pick see the GUI session.  Then start the sapinstgui on your Windows machine. 

You likely know this, but it may help.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please share the detail error log.

Issue can be

1. JDK at lower version(please do the set up as per installation guide)

2. Port for DISPLAY may be occupied.

Please also check below link

install  EP7.0  on  RH5E  l... | SCN

Br , Vaibhav