Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Steps Not Determined

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am getting a weird error.

My original scenario is from AS2 sender to SOAP Receiver(SOAP Asynch only).

When I tried to send a AS2 sender message to Receiver soap , it gives the following error.

Could not determine mapping steps following the message id number.

The same is working if I tried to send it from NFS to SOAP Receiver or Test Message to SOAP Receiver.

I even tried from AS2 to NFS and getting the same error.

I took the same payload sent by AS2 to clear off any doubts on xsd not matched during test message and NFS file and all worked fine.

The interesting part in all scenario is that the mapping has been completed without any issues and the target system has received the data without any issues. It is showing error in the AS2 sender channel and the MDN is not going to external party.

Any Suggestions?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

It is resolved now.

The AS2 channel quality of service was set to Best Effort and now changed to Exactly once in order and it worked.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

There is no condition at all. Interesting point is that the operation mapping is working fine but showing error in the channel stating mapping steps not detmined and can't forward from sender to receiver mentioning the service names.

I have asked basis to do a cache refresh, let us see. If it was cache refresh, NFS to soap should not work, but that worked. There is something in AS2 which is giving this issue.

Cos when i tried with AS2 to NFS, it gave the same error issue.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Do you have any adapter modules in the AS2 sender channel that would alter the payload in any way?  Also, are you using character set conversion that could alter the payload (i.e. characters that exist in iso-8859-15 but cannot be converted to utf-8 properly)?  Can you share the payload at the top level of the IDoc XML?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan

Well spotted, I thought the same and disabled the character set conversion.But still it didn't work.

I am using standard B2B AS2 adapter with no modules since all I am receiving is idoc xml.

As I am using PO single stack, I can see the payload saved in the NFS which is a normal ORDERS05 data only.

Even if it alters the payload and stored in NFS, I am picking the same file as test message and that works.

The only other thing i see is the AS2 sender is set to best effort. Is that an issue or is that relevant to MDN?

Regards

Sam

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Might be a stupid question but you tested NFS in the same system?  The only reason why I ask is because I have seen this error before in redundant systems we have setup if the mapping runtime is not up to date in another system and the interface is triggered.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan

I had tested the following to give more clarity.

1. AS2 to NFS(Without any mapping so that I can capture the payload sent by AS2)

2. Took the above payload and sent from test message to SOAP with mapping which worked fine.

3. AS2 to NFS(This time with mapping, but gave the same error )

4. AS2 to SOAP (Same error)

So my conclusion is that there is no issue with mapping, but something to do with AS2 adapter.

Am i right in mentioning that the sender AS2 channel quality of service does not need to be QOS-BE. Can the MDN be sent immediate even if the QOS is not best effort?

Note: When I say not worked, that means the AS2 sender channel is giving the error and not sending MDN. But the actual mapping has taken place irrespective of this. So, bit confused.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Does this scenario apply to you regarding the configuration: https://scn.sap.com/thread/3450589

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

Although the error is same, but it does not apply to me.

Reason being is irrespective of the error, the mapping still took place and the payload was delivered to the target system.

But the AS2 sender keeps on shooting this mapping trace error every time.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Hmmm, only other thing I could think of is if the definition of the receiver interface is actually synchronous instead of asynchronous and then the system doesn't know what to do with the response because it's not setup in the iFlow.  What happens with the receiving interface with respect to the IDoc-xml?

One other thing - have you check the Log Viewer for the message as well as any developer traces in NWA to see if there are any clues as to what may be causing the issue?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Message was edited by: Ryan Crosby

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan

Can you share your email id and send me message. It will be easy if i send you all in email of what is happening.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Are you using any conditions in the ID?

Also do a cache refresh.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess data is wrong which is coming from AS2 server, you please check below points.

1. check whether that data, root node is matching with your actual source structure in ESR

2.check namespaces are same in both, which you are using in ESR and data which you are getting

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

I had the doubt and I initially setup scenario between AS2 and local NFS and used the same files downloaded in NFS into the test message.

And it worked without any issues

The external party is sending ORDERS idoc-xml based on the xsd we provided. So I don't think there is any mismatch of namespace.

Regards

Sam