cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Item from Project Management (Cproejct) in same window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I open an Item from Portfolio Management and from the Item open Project Management, it opens in the same window. If I then from here click the Item button it opens the linked Item in the same window and I can toggle back and forth in the same window as intended.

Now, if I open a Project Management Project from the Project Management dashboard this open in a new window (which is fine), BUT when I click the Item button now it opens the linked Item in a new window and (of course) in Read Only mode. So Now I have two windows open, One with the Project (Cproject) and one with the Item (which is in read only).

How do I modify this Item button so that it will always open the Item in the same window.

I think I have to change some launchpad to "Inplace" in the Navigation Mode, I just don't know which one.

Best regards,

Morten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morten,

when opening the Project in Projectmanagement and navigate to "Item" a new window is opened. This cannot be controlled by launchpad settings.

You can implement a modification in

CL_DPR_LOG_PROJECT_STRUCTURE, method LAUNCH_ITEM where parameter

<ls_key_value>-value must be set to 'INPLACE'.

Best regards,

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thank you for your reply.

I thought that I could do this in the launchpad customizing, like I can the other way around from Item to Project, exactly because of the launchpad customizing where I have the "navigation mode" set to "INPLACE".

But you say that this is not possible the other way around?

br,

Morten