cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consulting in IBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is not exactly a technical question but more of a counselling question.

I am SAP APO consultant with 8 years of implementation experience. Now, I want to learn SAP IBP as it seems to be the next hot thing from SAP in the planning space.

1. Is there some test/demo system available from SAP where I can play around a bit ? I do not mind even if its a paid service.

2. I am employed by a Pharma company and not by a consulting company. The dilemma I am facing is -- even if I go for IBP trainings conducted by SAP then all companies in market seeking IBP consulatnts are looking for experienced professionals. So, its like chicken and egg situation as I need a break in IBP. Any suggestions ?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Dear GIG

1) any company can rent a starter edition under https://jam4.sapjam.com/wiki/show/LfrUIkLfQ3ykJ8RDNydaT4

However, at the moment that includes "only" the SOP side.

But for a beginning, IBP has most functionality which is across all components, so SOP includes all of that and as a beginning that is quite a lot. Only if you want to go to the details of e.g. Control Tower or Inventory Optimization that is not included (yet).

As a private person, that is quite a challenge. But if your company would be interested in it, you can contact via the names on the web page or send me a notification directly and I can provide you the contact directly. But please first check out the webpage

2) Than there is the official training: One week of basic IBP, one week of advanced IBP, than the specialities of the different modules. Control Tower is one extra day for example, so you see how muc the different components have in common

3) Looks as if you are searching for a new position outside of your pharma company? Well, I cannot help with that... But at the moment there are not yet too many experienced IBP consultants, many have only had some training or build a POC. So if you want to switch your profile than do it quickly as long as the door is open . Having APO knowledge is an advantage...

Good luck

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi. Looking at the available trainings for IBP from SAP -- I see most of the trainings in Germany and India having no specified location and also no schedule.

An example is below:

SOP200 - Sales & Operations Planning on Demand Powered by HANA - Features and Configuration ...

For other IBP trainings also : Location and Dates are blank.

Is there any link which gives the trainings which are really happening in near future ?

Also, is it possible to share your mail ID ?

Best Regards,

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you try to change the country? In UK and US there are a couple of trainings, and I remember I saw some virtual trainings as well.

You can send me  a Direct Message (go to "Communications" in the top-right corner and in the next screen you have "Send Direct Message")

Kind regards

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmhild.

It is only possible to send direct messages to a person you are following and he/she is following you too. So, can you please 'follow' me so that I am able to send you a message.

Best Regards

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

... done ...

Answers (0)