cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC3 RateWareXL Integration - Product Freight Group , NMFC Freight Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

To integrate SAP TM with SMC3 RateWare XL, TM needs to send the NMFC freight class to SMC3. The NMFC freight class is determined based on the Product Freight Group in the material master in TM correct?

So my question is, how is the Product Freight Group populated? Is this field populated as part of the material master data CIF from SAP ERP (from the Material Freight Group)? Or is it manually maintained in TM?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,

Stan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanford, I'm putting the replies from the SAP TM team here that you already received by email directly in case they are helpful to others. If their replies answered your questions, would you mind marking your question as answered? Thank you.

---

ANSWERS (per SAP TM team)

Response #1) The derivation of the NMFC class is via the product freight group. Without the product freight group we cannot get to the NMFC class.

Response #2) I assume the customer is a shipper with ERP integration. In that case the product freight group should come over from ERP already (assuming it is maintained in the ERP material master), maybe @Uwe can confirm this. In case the product freight group is not maintained in ERP, I think they would need to implement their own logic to fill the field, either by enhancing the integration ERP->TM or in the SMC³ preprocessing…

Response #3) Please have a look at OSS note 1301908. As ‘normally ‘ product freight group and serial number profile are maintained on plant level this is not populated via CIF in SCM. These fields are not depending on a location in SCM. The note describes that (for eWM requirements) there is a way to maintain these fields on MARA level in ECC and then populate them via CIF.

---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Response 3 is the key! Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Stan

Answers (0)