Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice picking with WM

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

where can I locate the location about architecture for voice picking and SAP ECC WMS not EWM pls

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear when you mention "location about architecture "                    

As far as Voice picking with ECC WM is concern you need additional hardware and third party voice software to integrate with ECC WM. Vocollect is one of the widely used voice picking software(That is my view). for more detail you can refer the below mentioned site . Have a look  on the below mentioned link might be useful

www.vocollectvoice.com

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26559

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vocollect is very widely used and the best choice in my opinion. Motorola has its own solution as well but they offer what seem to be reworked WT4090 units that don't really compare to the A700 series from Vocollect. Motorola never purchased the Voicelink application from Psion (before Honeywell took over) so you wont get that with Motorola. Motorola does have less licencing fees and the devices are much cheaper so it is more cost effective but Vocollect offers a superior product (in my humble opinion).

If you have more specific questions please ask....

The basic architecture is an IDOC is sent from SAP for the delivery picking transfer order.The user can check the assignment(s) in the PTV application. The user will sign into a PTV device and be guided through the picking process via voice and confirm the location/picked qty verbally. When the assignment is complete in PTV the system will send a T.O. confirmation IDOC that will update SAP.

Its quite straight forward and SAP has standard external picking application functionality via IDOC out of the box. Of course you have to setup the interface and so on but it's far superior to standard RF picking.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

so it 's confirm that SAP ECC WM can interface with 3rd party like VOCollect, Motorola,etc. without using EWM?

do you have landscape architecture as well?

THanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is third party application it is always good idea to contact then for demo. you can also have  a look on below link to get some detail . In the link below it is mentioned in pictorial form how it is linked with ECC

http://www.vitechgroup.com/web/solutions/voice/VocollectProductBrochures/Vocollect_voicelink_wcs_sap...

Answers (0)