Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move decision points in PPM item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using SAP PPM 6.0.

There are several decision points for the item.

I have created an item.

The issue here is that I have got stuck at one particular decision point where I cannot move this particular DP forward or backward.

Kindly suggest some solution.

Thanks and regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

This is what we did with one of our PPM items with similar symptom:

• By accident, decision point(DP) of an item, that was active, became inactive (status field empty) and user could not move the DP in either direction. The DP in question was second of four DPs for the item.    
  • Decided to update the item via utility program RPM_DX_ITEM
  • Downloaded the excel format for RPM_DX_ITEM
  • Filled in data in worksheets 'Item' and 'Decision Point' in the excel workbook as below:
    • In worksheet 'Item', filled-in values for all fields for the item (for which I have values). (for ex:if there was planned start date for the item already, filled-in the same value here). If you don't maintain the values, it may be possible that the existing values will get wiped out. PLEASE CHECK
    • In worksheet 'Decision Point', filled in the first and second DPs for the item with Decision ID, name, and status:
      • for first DP- status was as in /rpm/decision table
      • for second DP- its first status as per configuration
  • Saved the file
  • Ran the utility program with the above file, in 'change' mode and with 'Overwrite decision points'
  • The DP in question became 'active'

Hope it helps,

Thanks

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Could you specify more why you cannot move your DP forward or backward?

the reason can be your DP status are not correct defined, but we need to understand more your technical problem

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is, at this particular decision point, all the fields are greyed out including the status.

And also, I am not able to see the "Revert to previous decision point" button which is available on the top.

Thanks and regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Have you created this item using the upload Routine ? The reason the Status field is greyed out is that the dp is not active.

You Need to set the field actiove to X for the first decision Point and then the fields will be editable.

Table /rpm/decision

Br,

LS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lin,

Actually when we approve any DP, we should be moving to the next DP automatically which will be editable. Here , this particular DP is approved but not moved to the next DP.

Thanks and regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammer,

yes you are right. In this case i would ask you to check the customization whether the Status of the decision Point is maintained as end Status and the Status Group is maintained as closed for that particular item type.

Br,

Ketan