cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have currently installed NWBC 3.2. We have become aware that Microsoft are de-supporting IE9 from 12th Jan 2016. There will be no patches or bug fixes from that date. For us to move to IE11. We will need to upgrade NetWeaver Business Client.

How to go for the latest NWBC version upgrade, do we need to uninstall NWBC 3 and go for a fresh installation. And, what are the steps involved in backend configuration to ECC 6 EHP4 system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216148
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saad,

Thank you for the usefull Information and links.

The links are about 5.0 installation and configurations, but as we are currently on NWBC3.2,

Do we need to uninstall 3.2 and go for fresh installation of 5.0 or is there any process to upgrade.

Regards,

Sandeep.

former_member216148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned then it will be better to uninstall the older version first. But then every case and scenario is different. It will be better to copy the software somewhere and then we can apply both the cases and see the results. I can't choose one option right now. Best of luck

Warm Regards

Saad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saad,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sandeep.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep, Since you mention installling, I assume you mean NWBC for Desktop 3.x. Versions 3.0 and 3.5 are no longer supported. Versions 5.0 and 6.0 (SAP BC 6.0) are supported. Since you need to upgrade anyway, please upgrade to the latest version: SAP BC 6.0.

BR Julie Plummer, SAP BC Product Management.