Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Peg Prodn Orders coming over to APO

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We've a need to fix peg production orders, as they get CIF'd over into APO. We tried to use the Planning Procedure' Create/Change Production Order in the OLTP system event to trigger the action Start Prod Heuristic Immediately (& added the fixed pegging setting onto the product heuristics configuration - SAP_PP_002) to no avail. However, if I were to go into ECC & say, add a long text & save the Prodn Order, the Product Heuristic kicks in immediately in APO & the fixed pegging is activated on it. Note that we set the conversion indicator on the Planned Orders in APO & the production orders are created from ECC.

We are looking for some sort of trigger (without any system enhancement) with which we could kick off the SAP_PP_019, specifically for the incoming Production Order.

Any clues?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

please check setting of heuristics SAP_PP_019 where you can place filter by categorys

where you can kickoff production orders category for running in BG for heuristics SAP_PP_019

regards

Viender

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. While I could use this setting, I do not want a job to keep running, say every 5 mins.

2. I'm looking to see if there is any event that I can use in APO (Create/Change Production Order) to kick off this job when the Production Order CIF shows up in the APO system.

Thanks for your advice

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

In planning procedure  you can select event C1 (create or change production order in OLTP) set action

as NO ACTION .

But as per my knowledge there is no link in between planning procedure and Heuristic BG Job running .You may need to restrict at Heuristics settings level only  . let check any other expert can help you

Regards

Virender

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Expert Virender,

I agree with you that there is no way to kick off a b/g job with the event on the Planning Procedure. Not sure if you've read my initial post completely, but we did try the Planning Procedure setting to call the Product Heuristic on the CIF of a Production Order into APO & by activating FIXED PEGGING on the prod heuristic. However, the Prod Heuristic wouldn't get invoked & hence no fixed pegging. What do you think setting NO ACTION for this event will help with?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

I hope you have selected Fixed pegging multilevel has create fixed pegging . then it should create fixed pegging for production order . select start product heuristics has action

Regards

Virender

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Yes, you can use SAP_PP_019 for pegging and  please remember  before MRP run (APO)  you have

to delete the pegging relationship  by using SAP_PP_011 and rerun the SAP_PP_019.

Br,

Sriniwas

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriniwas,

Thanks. But I'm more looking for a trigger to set this job off.

Cheers