SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resequencing of meters (street route sequence) from Itrons back into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need help in developing the resequencing program for the Itron upload. We use FTP (a file is sent and received) for Itron read downloads & uploads. Our client resequences their meters very often. The Itron upload file comes back with the resequence flag set 'Y' in position no.52 of the RHD record. Also, in the MTR record of the Itron upload file, we get back the 'Original meter read sequence (sent in the download file)' - position 62-69 and the 'New Read Sequence (position 70-77).

I need help coding the above requirement into the program. Right now I am thinking like., If the sequence flag is set to Y in the RHD record, capture the new sequence in a z-table which contains the MRU, Device number, date, old sequence and new sequence. Then after the upload program runs, create a z-program to adjust the sequence in the table ELWEG (street route).

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function Group EL40 has everything you need.

EL40                           Maintain street route for MR unit

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CHANGE      INTERNAL: Maintain Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CLEAR       INTERNAL: Clear Street Route of Obsolete Device

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CREATE      INTERNAL: Create a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_DELETE      INTERNAL: Delete a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_DISPLAY     INTERNAL: Display a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_PROVIDE     INTERNAL: Prepare a Street Route

can probably adjust in memory, or clear the whole route & create the new sequence from provided data.

Dont recommend a Z table unless there is some unstated requirement.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function Group EL40 has everything you need.

EL40                           Maintain street route for MR unit

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CHANGE      INTERNAL: Maintain Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CLEAR       INTERNAL: Clear Street Route of Obsolete Device

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CREATE      INTERNAL: Create a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_DELETE      INTERNAL: Delete a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_DISPLAY     INTERNAL: Display a Street Route

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_PROVIDE     INTERNAL: Prepare a Street Route

can probably adjust in memory, or clear the whole route & create the new sequence from provided data.

Dont recommend a Z table unless there is some unstated requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I concur with your approach. Before updating the ELWEG table copy the table into a ztable.

We have many times faced issues in production system where after updation, street route became inconsistent, so always be ready with a backup. In one implementation we even downloaded the table in application server after each change to save from inconsistencies.

Also we used Idocs ISU_EL40 to be on the safer side.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel ! Excellent advise. I did not think of those standard FMs at first, since I was having tunnel vision thinking about changing the sequence in the ELWEG using the logiknr.

Currently I am downloading the new sequence in the z-table and then running the 'Delete' FM and then load the new sequence back by using the 'CREATE' FM.

Rakesh - Thanks for heads up and yes I am playing it safe by using the z-table. I also like the backup for the ELWEG idea!

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I have same requirement and i completed development like said in blog.

I am facing issue when in file i got a meter for resequencing  but the same meter is already allocated to some other route (Old garbage data which was not deleted ).So when i try to call FM to create meter sequence , getting error saying 'Meter is already allocated.'.

Have you handled this scenario?

What i can do is before calling create FM , i can check whether meter is allocated to meter sequence or not(By looking into ELWEG table).

Please suggest approach to handle this.

Content removed by moderator

Thank you

Pawan Balana

Message was edited by: William Eastman

0 Kudos

ISU_S_STREET_ROUTE_CHANGE can get rid of devices no longer assigned to a street route implicitly.

Review the function as processed from EL40 &/or message EL110 for more information.

former_member632991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anyone has sample code to resequence route using the below FM, same requirement as above.

Thanks.