cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-selecting "Retrieve duplicate rows" in the webi options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The webi option defaults to "Retrieve duplicate rows", why is that?  Is there anyway to have all new webis created off my universe to have this option default this  option de-selected?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I answered my own question.  The functionality I was looking for is on the screen webi design screen.  As I delete "repeating" (not duplicate) report items the records roll up.  

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the only way is you have to deselect it manually before exporting to repository for the first time.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Reason behind "Retrieve duplicate rows" being checked by default, could be:

- Unchecking the option will put DISTINCT (or GROUP BY) in the SQL which could affect the query performance and can be time consuming.

- In actual scenarios, it is suggested not to use DISTINCT and check if query is giving duplicate records.

If the SQL is giving duplicate records that means the schema at universe level need to be checked and few joins might be missing.

By using DISTINCT, it will firstly hamper the performance and you will not be able to check whether the SQL generated is correct and optimized.

Regards,

Yuvraj

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure if you can uncheck this option for default.This is the standard behaviour.but you can try one option to create one template for particular universe and unchecked this option.

For all new reports use only template to create reports.in this every time  this option will be unchecked default for all new reports.

Amit