Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C <- SAML -> Cloud Identity Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the required effort to integrate C4C with SAP Cloud Identy.

The SAML Configuration seems to be straighforward by exchanging the XML file.

I have a question concerning the existing users in C4C: Do they need to be exported and imported to Cloud Identity? If so where are they maintained from then?

If they are maintained in Cloud Identity, how is provisioning in C4C done?

If they are maintained in C4C, is there some replication or is frequent export/import required?

Best regards,

Mark.

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

HI Mark,

Adding + .

In C4C there is a way you can send new users to Cloud Identity. This is a new guide and I don't think it is quite published yet.   In regards to sending existing users to Cloud Identity - Prabhat can speak to that.   

When a user is added to cloud identity, they are not by default provisioned to C4C.  This must be done manually, either recreated - or I don't know if there is an export/import option.

-ginger

donka_dimitrova
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

At the moment the only way to provision users from SAP Cloud Identity to C4C is to export them in a *.CSV format. More details here: SAP Cloud Identity Service.

There are plans to improve further the SAP Cloud Identity integration with C4C in future.

Regards,

Donka Dimitrova