cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create the Java virtual machine error while launching ESR and ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When launching ESR and ID I am getting the error "Could not create the Java virtual machine".

This problem is only in Dev. In quality  and production systems ESR & ID are opening successfully.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,

Konda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is fixed after refreshing the cache and clicking on the third button(expand tree) in the test tab.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Konda

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Konda,

Tell your basis team to increase the Java heap size for dev systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I was having Java 1.6.0_24 and now I have installed 1.7.0_67, it worked and my Dev ESR and ID got launched successfully for the first  time.

But after I restart  my laptop Dev system ESR & ID are not getting opened and I dont see any error. I can open the other systems - Prod & QA.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Konda,

What is your PI system version? As Raghu told, this will be a problem with the Java heap space. Contact your basis team for more help on this.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Konda,

Yes.the same thing happend for us.After increasing the heap size issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am using PO 7.4. I did not increase the heap size because it is working for my colleagues.

I have updated the Java to the latest version 1.8. Now ESR is opening but the in the message mapping test tab the structure is not visible(XML is visible).

Any idea on this.

Thanks,

Konda

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konda,

Did you try to click on the 3rd Option (2 down arrows icon) and check?

Regards,

Azhar