cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of cancellation of inspection lot

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help on this.

1. There are some inspection lots created from process order . Now the inspection lots are having REL, SPRQ status, but there is no stock existing in quality inspection mentioned in the inspection lot. Process order is also in TECO status.

Now i am unable to cancel the inspection lot in QA02 and QA32 tcode. The option is greyed out. Also not able to do the UD for the inspection lots. It is showing error " deficit ba stock."

I want to cancel the inspection lot to set  status LTCA. could you please help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You fail to mention what inspection types you are talking about.. an 03 or an 04 lot.  You also need to tell us if the 04 lots are create as "early" lots at order release or tine of GR.

Until you tell us that, we really can't narrow down what you need to do.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

This is inspection type 04 ( GR with plan & with Q-stock) Inspection lot created at the time of GR against process order. Now system is not allowing to cancel the inspection lot in QA02 and QA32 tcode. The option is greyed out.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you explore the option suggested that you have to cancel the original material document that created this inspection lot? I read your first posting and have a query. You are saying that the status of inspection lot is SPRQ. This indicates that the stock posting is not yet done. And you are also saying that there is no stock lying in quality inspection. This is contradictory!! And you are also trying to make UD? If at all you want to cancel the inspection lot why you are trying for UD?

I suspect that there should be stock inconsistency issue. With such problem you always notice the mismatch between the quantities in inspection lot and in MMBE. 48815 note has the answer to it.

If your requirement is to cancel the 04 inspection lot then you should cancel the 101 movement document. Let us know about this as you try. Also if you can confirm that the lot is not an early inspection lot would be great as suggested Craig!

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Can you please let me know how can i cancel the material document. I tried through MBST and MIGO but unable to cancel. System is throwing error. "Material document cannot processed."

With Regards

Akash

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I conclude that your requirement is to cancel the original 101 material document. Cancellation of the inspection lot is an effect of this. You are following the right method using MBST to cancel it. As you are unable to do that I suspect this as stock inconsistency issue. Always remember, for cancelling the document the inspection lot should be untouched. You should have not done any stock posting or Usage decision. Check below sequentially

1. Ensure that you are are referring to the correct inspection lot for this material document.
  2. The status of the inspection lot should be SPST or SPCO. And this is the reason system is not allowing you to cancel the material document.
  3. But if you notice that the status is SPRQ and you are referring to the correct lot then try SAP note 48815. This will remove the inconstancy.
  4. Then again try MBST

Anand

Edited later_

How you are doing 101 movement? Through order confirmation using auto GR? If so, you might need to cancel the order confirmation in PP module that caused this movement instead of MBST.

Message was edited by: Anand Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

My main aim to cancel the inspection lot. Now the inspection lot is in REL, SPRQ status. The inspection lot which has created from a process order is now in TECO status.

Can you please guide how can i cancel the confirmation of process order.

Regards

Akash.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to put the order back in released state, i.e. get rid of the TECO status.  I believe the you can't run the MBST to cancel the material document because you closed the order and TECO'd it.  Get rid of that TECO status, and then try the MBST to cancel the material document.  That should then cancel the inspection lot provided you haven't done any stock posting on it or made a UD.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though quantity is not in QI but inspection lot status would have SPRQ because its a stock relevant inspection type (04).

For your understanding, you cannot cancel an inspection lot which is stock relevant using above method.

To cancel an stock relevant inspection lot, you got to reverse the material document which triggered the inspection lot generation. IN your case, it should be material doc for GR (mvmt 101).

NJ

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yes this inspection lot created at the time of GR. Can you please guide me how can i cancel the material document.

Regards

Akash

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Mr Craig suggested, revoke the TECO status and cancel the GR document. It'll automatically cancel the respective inspection lot.

Hi

If you are using any stock relevant inspection type, system status will always have SPRQ into it no matter if you put the stock into QI or not. In this case, I believe, indicator is set off for 'post to inspection stock' for inspection type 04.

NJ

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, You are right on the status SPRQ part! I want to say 2 things here!

1. Basically inspection lot cancellation for 04 or 01 inspection types should never be the requirement. Rather it should be to cancel the original material document.
  2. Just because the QA person does not want to inspect the lot (after its creation) the solution should not be to cancel the lot as it has impact on the inventory as for doing this the user has to cancel the GR. And sometimes reverse the goods issues also if the document is same fot GR and issue.
  3. And as the TECO and other processing is done the production was supposed to be carried out in this case. So for lot cancelling to reverse all these statuses of the order and then cancelling the confirmation or document would be a complex exercise and hardly justifiable. But if the business wants it in that way this is possible. This would be the business call altogether.

Secondly if we consider this as valid requirement, we all agree that the solution is to cancel the material document. Few more points on this context from my side_

1. I think this particular is a bit complex case. Why I think so because the user has mentioned that the 04 is GR with plan & with Q-stock. I believe this indicates that the stock was posted to QI after the lot generation.
  2. I also have read one comment that while trying UD the user is getting error as "deficit ba stock"
  3. So I really do not know where exactly the stock is currently? In UU or in QI? May be OP has to clarify that if the stock is in QI and he is referring to the correct inspection lot. Or there could be stock inconsistency issue? If so then first step should be to remove this inconstancy using 48815.
  4. Then by 175842 the stock should be brought back in to QI and then the order TECO reversal or document cancellation.

BTW sorry for stretching it farther!

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Anand, That's very valid and fruitful information I must say. Yes I do agree with your content and I suppose I didn't read those points before well. Its good you pointed them out

NJ