Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Systems Configuration - Set Diagnostics-Relevance

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've recently updated our Solman system to 7.1 SP13 finally and I'm having a bit of trouble configuring systems that don't require diagnostics agents at this time.

Under the Assign Product step it states under task 3 :-

Set Diagnostics-Relevance

- If you are not using Diagnostics: To avoid follow-up activities, such as setup of Diagnostics agents, do not set Diagnostics-relevance. The status of the activity can remain 'Diagnostics-relevance not set' (red).

But for us we see "Diagnostics-relevance not defined; see help tray" and when we move on to step 2 Check Prerequisites it errors doing both Perform Diagnostics Agents Assignment and Check Diagnostics Agent.

So it would seem that even though we've stated this ABAP system is not diagnostics relevant it still tries to complete those tasks and obviously fails.

Likewise Step 4 Diagnostics Agent is offline, Step 5 Maintain Users SMDAGENT not required. Step 6 Finalize Configuration Errors due to diagnostics specific activities.  And then Step 7 fails checking configuration.

So what gives here, am I missing something obvious?  I need to be able to set Downtime Management (Work Mode Management as it's called now) for one of these systems but because of the failed Systems Configuration they don't appear as a system in the list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I also had the same issues and many others related to the amount of data supplied by the SLD to the LMDB in Solution Manager 7.1.  The best, most complete way I found to resolve the issue was contained in note 1018839.  Here is a link to it.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1018839

It involves doing an extended OS registration to the SLD which in turn will update the LMDB. It uses the os collector and pushes additional info to the SLD for the host where it is run.

Also, make sure you setup the SLD_DataSupplier connection in your java stacks.  It makes a world of difference.

Kind Regards,

Bill

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

For Diagnostics-relevance not defined - you need to set this manually in LMDB

For Step 4 - you need to make sure DAA is register in SLD and connect to Solman

Thanks

Yogesh

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I already selected the option Remove Diagnostics Relevance within LMDB for this system so none of the Product Instances are ticked.  Step 4 moans about "Diagnostics Agent is offline" because this system doesn't have one. 

I expected the options for Diagnostics Agents in the follow on steps to disappear or at least be optional when Diagnostics-relevance is not set.  But that isn't the case.

Thanks

Craig

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes You are right, All steps are required and if you want you can set step status manually.

-Yogesh

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what do you suggest I do about this?  I need to complete the setup in order to run things like Downtime Management etc.  But I can't get passed the errors!

Thanks

Craig

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

If you want to use full functionality you need to go through each and every steps without skipping them. You need to set product as Diagnostics Relevance and install and configure Diagnost Agent on remote system.

I think without this configuration you will still able to continue with rest of configuration but not best practice.

-Yogesh

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I carried on regardless of the errors, however my system does not appear in the list when running Work Mode Management.  So I have raised an incident with SAP as I think this is wrong.

Cheers

Craig

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you send me screenshot of all errors I can take a look for you.

-Yogesh

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

Here you go.

Also of note and maybe you could answer this as well, this system is not associated with any domain.  So how do we get around the FQDN issue?

Thanks

Craig

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like your system data is not coming properly from SLD

How come there is no instance path populated?

-Yogesh

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I've checked the SLD and the data looks fine to me.  It won't let me populate the instance path in the configuration because there's no diagnostics agent!

Cheers

Craig

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This information does not come from the SLD, but from the outside discovery, which is one of the applications of the diagnostics agent.

Please ensure that you set the hosts.etc file with the information in the following order:

IP     FQDN       short name

This information is described in the guides attached to note 1611483.

Besides that, this document shows how to setup the trusted connection between the Diagnostics agent and the SAP Host agent, ensure that you have done that(set property service/admin_users = <daa>adm in the host_profile).

There are many KBAs describing possible causes and solutions for this issue:

1815163 Solution Manager managed system configuration check returns "The definition of Technical System 'SID~STACK' is not correct: 'SID~STACK': Operating System 'OS NAME' of Host 'hostname' must have at least one Software Component Version"

1799138 Solution Manager configuration check returns "The definition of Technical System '{SID}~{STACK}' is not correct: '{SID}~{STACK}' : Operating System '{OSName}' of Host '{hostname}' must have at least one Software Component Version"

1890035 Some important checking points for outside discovery

1992309 How to troubleshoot the Outside Discovery issues about Host

Let me know if this is not enough to fix the issue. If not, we must check the e2edcc logs of the diagnostics agent, and also perform a trace with debug log level in the Landscape Browser.

Regards,

Daniel.