Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mention of SAP email addresses

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if mentioning a sap.com email address as part of a blog post would contradict SCN rules.

I have been searching in the rules of engagement but I was not able to find this information.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check the point #6

Avoid solicitations. Avoid marketing your company’s products and services.  If you want people to know your affiliation with your company, put those details in your profile to make the information available to the community. Do not embed links to ads in your posts.  The same applies to email solicitations and advertising.  If you want someone to trust you enough to buy what you offer, share your expertise and they will seek you out. If you want people to contact you, you can choose to make your email visible in your profile, but we ask you not to post it elsewhere on the site.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok thanks. So the recommended way would be that people send you direct messages or comment on the post?

Best regards

Antoine

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

people can send you DM only if you follow them. Well, If you want someone to contact you, mention that they can find your email id in your profile

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general there is nothing bad with comments if they are related to the blog, especially as all people can read the comments. So you can just answer it once in public instead of answering 1000 mails more or less individually and in any case invisible for others.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, this is what we will do.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Makes sense - I also like comments

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since its a public forum, so everything should be discussed publicly. So, comment section will be much better to discuss something related to original content.

You can show your email id only in your profile.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from the rules:

Avoid solicitations. Avoid marketing your company’s products and services.  If you want people to know your affiliation with your company, put those details in your profile to make the information available to the community. Do not embed links to ads in your posts.  The same applies to email solicitations and advertising.  If you want someone to trust you enough to buy what you offer, share your expertise and they will seek you out. If you want people to contact you, you can choose to make your email visible in your profile, but we ask you not to post it elsewhere on the site.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

well written explanation Mr.Jurgen L Sir.

Regards,

Vivek