Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not start Configuration wizard in Integration Builder - Configuration

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am New to XI,

I have gone through 4 scenarios of XI in a system where Xi is up and running sucessfully.

Now one of my colleague Installed ECC5 with XI in our local server.

I need to do a File 2 File Scenario, for which I could create Product, component, Technical System and Business System in SLD.

I could Create a Name space, Message types and Interfaces in Integration Builder - Design

But When I open Configuration Wizard, Internal Communication in Integration Builder- configuration, it is giving a exception : java.lang.NullPointerException.

Can any one help me in resolving this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sai.k.k

Message was edited by:

Konchada Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Exchange profile chack the SLD , http port for Integration Bulder properties.like IR,ID , i hope it will try to check for the SLD info , if it is the first time of XI using , you need to check in Exhcnge profile .

if it is not the first time then refresh the SLD cache..

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

for cache refresh

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/sxicache--ripped-off - SXI_CACHE - Ripped Off

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/03/cache-refresh-errors--new-phenomena

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konchada,

in ID, try to create a configuration scenario.......then try to create receiver determintaiona and other objects in ID for your scenario......if you are unable to create a config scenario in ID, then ask your basis guys to restart your XI J2EE engine.......then after your XI J2EE engine is restarted, then again try to create your config scenario in ID.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have tried all of them, but I could not create a scenario. It just says nullponter exception in the 1st step itself.

Regards,

Sai.k.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I think first of all you need import SLD and components correctly. If you can, I don't think this issue is resulted with configurations. Then I think maybe your having components have some errors.

Regards,

Bruce

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

As said I could create component, etc in sld then Namespace in Integration builder design.

I could test the Message mapping sucessfully. If there are any errors in the component, how to find out them.

and for simple file to file scenario, do we need to configure SLD, however our basis guy created RFC's sucessfully and tested them.

They configured SLD also.

Regards,

Sai.k.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

So your basis should pass post intallation of XI. But I suggest you checking SLD by TCode SLDCheck, and create a new service and activate it to check Cache Refresh. You can find more in the installation guide of XI

I guess now you are trying a senario named "A Beginner's Guide to XI Settings". If so yes you are right you don't need configure SLD more if all done in the post installation.

It happened to me I can't start wizard when I dumped into to go through menus without finishing post installation of XI.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Bruce

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai k.k.,

Refer to SAP note: 859465

Restart the server after the changes

Regards,

Prateek

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the immediate response,

The SAP Note did'nt help me.

What I need to know is is there any configuration needed in XI / R3 else creation of port,logical system, RFC Destinations.

Is there a detail step by step documentation for configurations if any..

Regards,

Sai.k.k