Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java instance "Nothing to dispay" after SP upgrade

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have SAP PO 7.4 SP 08. I did a patch upgrade to SP 011. It's a single stack Java machine.

After that I am facing a lot of issues. The system was working perfectly prior to upgrade.

1) When I go to NWA- Systems - Start and Stop, under Java instances "I see Nothing to display"

I have attached a screen shot along with this.

2) When I go to Component Monitor, I get an error that "Application com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt is not started; start the application and try again"

I restrtaed the application "com.sap.xi.itsam.mdt" and still it's the same error

3) When I try to view communication channels I gett he error "

Communication channel data provider not registered for selected Adapter Engine

We did the patch upgrade through SOLMAN

I tried to upgrade the PO SP 011 ESR content from ESR but I am not able to see it. Where do i find it in marketplace?

I went to ESR Content, PIBASIS content and I could see the content for only up to PO 7.4 SP 06

All the 40 plus interfaces in dev are not working

Regards

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Kindly review 1978696 - Component Monitor fails to start after a system upgrade

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I went to the page but I am not able to see any RUNAS user there.

I also find out that the "All Data Sources" is greyed out.

I have attached a screen shot with this

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

please go through below sap note

1488147 - NWA Missing Instances and Java Server Processes

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Check work process logs for any errors.

Also, how about the services? Are they up and running?

Try rebooting the entire server once as well.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj

Thanks for the note.

The first problem is resolved, now I am able to see the Java instance when I go to the Instance tab.

The note helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Good to hear that the point 1 is solved.

For Point 2: Please supply logs to check further.

For Point 3: Communication channel data provider not registered for selected Adapter Engine

1886375 - PIMON Adapter Engine tools and monitors do not work

Please go through above mentioned sap note.

Regards,

Prithviraj

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj

How do I supply logs?

How do I check logs?

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Try restarting the application and than you login to NWA-->Problem Management --> Logs and traces--> log viewer. search for the relevant logs and paste here.

You can also find the same in default trace log file @ OS level

/usr/sap/SID/INSTANCE/j2ee/cluster/server0/log -- latest trace file

Regards,

Prithviraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Anita has already suggested a pertinent note but you clearly have other problems as you are getting an error when you run useradmin.

So you'll have to resolve the useradmin (maybe amongst others) problem(s) first.

1. Please restart your system

2. Go to the useradmin page once the portal is fully restarted.

If you still get an error on the useradmin page, please upload the defaulttrace file so that others can have a look at what is causing a problem there. If you don't get an error on useradmin then please try and apply the solution from the note Anita pointed you to.

KR,

Amerjit

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

I restarted the system. I was able to see the RUNAS users, deleted them all and again restarted the system.

Now the problem is all the Java applications in Start and Stop Java appications page are stopped.

The only application that is in started state is this application tc~lm~itsam~core~techsysreg which I started manually following the note 1488147

How can I start all the necessary Java applications? There are about 1900 applications and all but one is stopped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Check other systems in the landscape such as QA/PRD and compare and start each application manually one by one.

Take a consistent backup before proceeding.

Starting and Stopping Java Applications - SAP NetWeaver Administrator - SAP Library

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please:

1. Open a message at SAP.

2. It looks like you have core services that are failing to start.

Please upload the default trace and applications log from cluster/server0 as well as the dev_server* , std_server* files from your work directory.

Long and short, you have to determine why certain services are not starting.

Also, did you upgrade to just SP11 or did you also include the SP11 java patches ?

This is clearly a complicated problem and without being in front of your screen and keyboard, I wouldn't want to start suggesting this note or that note.

KR,

Amerjit

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit

I have opened an OSS message with SAP two days back with high priority.

Since it's DEV environment, it's taking time.

The patch upgrade was done from SOLMAN, BASIS did that. Mine is a single stack PO.

Is there any note that explains how to do the sp upgrade? So that I can verify with the BASIS team. Problem is they have done this for the first time

Regards