cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing blanks in my File Receiver Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In my scenario I need to map each segment from an IDoc to one line in a target file (n segments..n lines). Even when the mapping passes the data as I want, if one line begins by leading blanks then I'm loosing this blanks, so I suspect the file content conversion is doing some kind of trim by default. Anybody knows how to avoid that?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IDOC U r sending is 1-1 Make that IDOC to 1-unbounded.

To do this Export the IDOC in XML format change the IDOC into 1-unbounded then import it in External Definitions

Then See. Or Plz Describe the exact problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies. I have no problems with nor IDoc's occurrence, neither empty messages.

I'm using a java mapping that shows " xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" as result, but XI only returns "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". The parameter fieldContentFormatting would be useful, but I think is only a valid parameter for Sender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fransico,

in receiver file adapter, try fieldFixedLengths if you know the field lengths of the fields which java mapping is output.......then your space in your output file may be retained......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

-wrongly posted-

Regards,

Sudharshan

Message was edited by:

Sudharshan Aravamudan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using fiexedLengths, but if the first character is a blank then it's suppressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried it with no exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

just make sure from your java mapping by testing in interface mapping test tab that your target output is having leading blanks in it.........in your receiver file adapter, just specify the fieldSeparator value and nothing else......then if your mapping will generate target data with leading blanks, then your reciver adapter will generate file with spaces in it.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try this. in communication channel just give the file type as "Text" not as "Binary".....hope this will work.......

by

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a parameter called fieldContentFormatting in receiver File channel for Content Conversion. set it to nothing.

Regards,

Sudharshan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Spaces are retained.

When you look at the message in MONI it might look as they are not,but download the target XML from MONI into a text pad and then view the XML source ( or ) in MONi, right click on the payload window and then say VIew Source. The space will be retained.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I know I cannot see it in MONI, when I look at the XML source the data is ok, so the mapping is working fine. But I am retrieving the file and all the leading spaces are suppressed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In receiving file adapter we can handle empty messages

Choose Handling Empty Messages

Write Empty File

An empty file (length 0 bytes) is put in the target directory

Ignore

A file is not put in the target directory

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cortes,

So something might be wrong in your mapping. Do one thing. Take the source payload and go to message mapping test tab. There you test. Once when your test is successful then take the source of your target and copy in a notepad. Check the spaces there. If you have there then it will have in your output else you have to see your mapping.

---Satish