cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO confirmation given at the end of Check Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sales order was partially confirmed for required delivery date and for remaining qty the conformation date was proposed at end of Checking horizon.

There was sufficient stock to confirm the complete order. Didn't find any other sales orders or deliveries for the required delivery date.

It would be helpful if some one can explain reasons for not confirming the complete qty for sales order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reggie,

There was sufficient stock to confirm the complete order. Didn't find any other sales orders or deliveries for the required delivery date.

How did you determine that there was 'sufficient stock'?

Can you please post a CO09 screenshot?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for your reply,the second schedule line was also delivered. As we are analyzing the stock situation in past MB5B was used to check the status based on posting periods in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reggie,

MB5B is meaningless for determining an availability situation (according to an SD availability check)  that may have taken place in the past.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

There was another order (X) for same required delivery date which got fully confirmed for same qty. For this order (Y) only partial qty was confirmed and remaining was confirmed at the end of check horizon.

As checked in MB51 there was enough stock and this issue was reported. By then I couldn't see past requirements and Matl.availability in CO09 or MD04. That's why I checked in MB5B and could see that there was enough stock.

I assumed that system might have given priority to other orders based on filter and sort profiles and that could be reason for creation of two schedule lines for order Y. As checked I couldn't find any sales orders or deliveries for the same required delivery date other than X and Y.

Please correct me if my approach was wrong and tell me how to go about it.

Thank You,

Reggie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reggie,

That's why I checked in MB5B and could see that there was enough stock.

Even assuming that MB5B gave you an accurate depiction of 'stock' on a particular date (MB5B is a calculation, not a snapshot), it wouldn't tell you the ATP situation when that order received its confirmation.

I assumed that system might have given priority to other orders.... 

This is one of many possibilities

....based on filter and sort profiles 

Great.  Now you say you are using BOP, which adds more possibilities.

Please correct me if my approach was wrong...
Well, I definitely will say that using MB5B is a poor choice for troubleshooting ATP problems.
...and tell me how to go about it

Sorry, no can do.  One could fill a book about the subject of attempting to second guess ATP results that happened far in the past.  My best advice is 'don't'.  Its too late, and you are extremely unlikely to reach any actionable conclusions.  You should troubleshoot ATP problems AS THEY HAPPEN.  Review BOP results after every run, and troubleshoot the discrepancies immediately.

Best Regards & Good luck,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BMBC dint help. Thank you all for your replies.

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As already explained, CO09 is the only place where you will see the availability at that moment. Stock is not relevent here, you should look at ATP quantity to check confirmation. It might be the case that at that moment only partial ATP was available. There is no definitive check as ATP is real time but you may want to check goods movement data to connect the dots.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

As per my understanding from above conversation , In-spite of sufficient stocks there was a delay in the confirmation of the MAD while processing date.

Using the tcode BMBC   we can find out all the stocks that are available from time to time and material specific . Here by this you will be able to see the in specific batches that are available against the order by checking any changes done to those batches may help you to investigate the delay in the

confirmation of orders.

Please revert if the clue was helpful.

Highly Appreciate  yours rewards.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pabba