Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to my app logic in a central hub scenario

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Currently, we have already deployed an ABAP OO application that is exposing custom services directly from the ABAP stack. We are planning to migrate the service layer to Gateway and are now looking at what we need to arrange to get this running in both an embedded as well as central hub deployment.

In an embedded gateway scenario, I'll just be able to launch my ABAP code from the service implementation. But how does this work in a central hub deployment? Would I have to wrap all my methods into RFCs in order to call them from there?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

I can see below options :

1. Register the service in GW Hub and deploy all the classes ( MPC & DPC ) in back-end system.

2. Register the service in GW Hub and also deploy all the classes ( MPC & DPC ) in GW Hub only by accessing the back-end logic through remote enabled function modules.

Below will help to decide the deployment options and provides detail information-> please check once.

Deployment Options - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Embedded Versus Hub Deployment - SAP NetWeaver Gateway Master Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashwin

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping Aswin

I think scenarion 1 would be our choice. Have gateway to service oData-requests, but have the actual logic in the back-end system.

Just a follow-up question. With "registering services", are you referring to RFC? Does that mean that the logic provided by the application should be wrapped in RFCs and exposed to the Gateway hub?

Thanks again!

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

No need of wrapping logic inside RFC's since logic is already deployed in back-end inside MPC & DPC classes.

Just register the GW service in Hub with correct system alias configuration in SPRO in GW Hub using RFC Destination.

Regards,

Ashwin

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, I think I got you...

Does that mean that the hub will be able to run logic in the back-end through that single RFC channel?

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we can consume back-end logic from GW by just registering the service in Hub.

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Ashwin!

Answers (0)